Due to various other commitments I'm a bit late starting this, but here's the first progress report. I'm building it straight out of the box, as closely to how I would have built it when I was 14 as I can remember. I'm using filler on the joints but no modifications and no aftermarket. I'm following the mini-painting guide (!) and I'm even going to try to use the kit decals (!!) I might even brush paint it, not decided yet, nor have I decided whether to rig it or not, it depends on whether there's time.

One of my teenage practices I hadn't intended repeating was getting glue on the windows but there you go.

Here it is just started, and progess as of about ten minutes ago. More later hopefully.

Stuart.

• 3 weeks later...

...and here it is finished. I just took two days off work to revise for an exam but this was far more interesting (and probably did me far more good. Do I really care what the difference between bacteria and whatever the next group of slimy stuff with an unpronouncable name is ?).

Anyway, I digress. In the end I brush painted the colour coats but airbrushed a satin varnish over the finished article. To my amazement the decals didn't disintegrate on contact with water, they actually went on rather well and despite being thick settled down nicely. The only problem I came across was the mid-span struts were 2.5mm short and had to be bodged to fit, but I suspect that was cack-handedness on my part rather than a problem with the kit.

On to the next one !

Stuart.

Thanks guys.

I might rig it one day when I'm feeling brave, for the moment though it falls into the "too fiddly" category. I didn't pre-drill any holes though, so getting in between with a pin vice now everything is assembled might be fun...

Stuart.

• 1 year later...