Doctorpepper's 1/48 F-15E Eagle

Doc,

Looks great so far. There is a company that makes bomb graffitti for Vietnam, Desert Storm, OIF, etc... Sorry I can't remember their name though. Something that would help with the bombs is to paint the seeker and tail sections a darker olive drab. The bomb bodies are often left out in bomb dumps and are faded and even rusty, while the nose and tail sections are kept in storage, so their paint is factory fresh. In addition, there is a wide brown band around the seeker section, due to the gas generator there that moves the fins.

Regards,

Murph

arghhh... too late, the're already attached. i guess i could use some pastels to weather the bodies, but this is something i'll remember for next time. kinda gets your tired when you have to make 9 of these... what colour are the seeker head tips and what colour are the starboard lights? i'm colour blind, so excuse me a bit... :rofl:

EDIT: the company is called gekko graphics... and their website is currently offline; who knows what's happened? flightdecs has the wrong image attached to the OEF bomb graffiti set as well

Edited by doctorpepper

If you are talking about the starboard position (wingtip) lights they are a blue-green color when turned off, and green when lit. The seeker head tips are a goldish-natural metal, with the seeker lens clear glass.

Regards,

Murph

Doc,

One thing I just noticed is that you have the rudders deflected. On the ground, the rudder pedals provide the nosewheel steering, so if the rudders are deflected, the nose wheel would be also.

Regards,

Murph

Doc,

You can hit the paddle switch to disengage the nosewheel steering; that's actually done on the flight control check so as not to "scrub" the nosewheel (same on the F-22). The vast majority of the time though, if the rudders are moving on the grond, the nosewheel is moving.

Regards,

Murph

• 1 year later...