Hey guys,

As some of you may already know, I won't be attending this year, because I just got married a few weeks ago so I'm a little short of cash. :thumbsup: It all went to my wedding expenses. I'm already looking forward to the 2007 NATS when it makes it's way here in OC CA. It will be in my own backyard so to speak, because I'll just be 10 minutes away from the convention.

Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great time, drink LOTS of beer and take LOTS of pix for the rest of the world to see. For those of you entering, I wish ya'll the luck in the contest room. For you 1/48 jet builders out there, look out for Darren McTee, Randy in Texas and Richard Van Zant. These guys are GOOD! :D

Have fun

:thumbsup:

The Virus

We're going to miss you big time Cyrus. Congrats on your marriage. Life only gets better when you 've got someone who loves you.

Van Zant is going down! I'm going to put the smackdown on him. He's going to get his comeupance when he gets to KC. He's in my town now! :wave: Ahh shucks, I had to talk a little smack. Rich, if you're reading this, it's all in good fun. I can't wait to see what you bring. Word from Brian has it that you'll be bringing a VF-103 Tomcat. Should be a good lookin' piece!

My son Geoff and I will be attending. Can't wait!!! :wave:

Hey Iain, welcome to ARC....about time you visit da hood :)

So far systems are go here.....if something happens I'll let people know :D

Iain,

Is that u as to a email u sent me awhile ago.If it's u/Hope to see u there and u'er son.Larry

About the donation to the raffle? Yes, that's me. I look forward to meeting a lot of you folks. For some reason it didn't happen last year. Too many hours spent in the vendor room I suppose but when you live 1000 miles from a decent hobby store you have to make hay when the sun shines.

Iain

Hey Iain, welcome to ARC....about time you visit da hood :lol:

So far systems are go here.....if something happens I'll let people know :crying:

It's been awhile. I think maybe I'll hang out here a bit more. I'd like to go to one of those gatherings. I hope Geoff will be able to attend ( just turning 16 ). We will do the Thursday night one for sure and Friday are going to Worlds of Fun. We are 2000 miles from a roller coaster so we "gotta go !!!!! ".

It's been awhile. I think maybe I'll hang out here a bit more. I'd like to go to one of those gatherings. I hope Geoff will be able to attend ( just turning 16 ). We will do the Thursday night one for sure and Friday are going to Worlds of Fun. We are 2000 miles from a roller coaster so we "gotta go !!!!! ".

IIRR they'll have soft drinks at the gathering (for some reason swords came to mind there :lol: )...he should be ok..

Oh, I forgot to mention:

Last year, at the Atlanta show, they had soft drinks available at the bar, but they were a bit pricey. I think I paid something like $2 for a small glass of Coke (that reminds me.....NEVER say the word 'Pepsi' in Atlanta). Might not be a bad idea to grab a couple of cans of soda before arriving at the Twobobs party, just in case.

Soda is $3 per drink this year. Bob tried to get this item free but they weren't going for it. I wonder what the hotel staff would do if we brought in our own sodas? This could cause grief for Bob.....or maybe the hotel staff would ignore this infraction and just let it slide.

Steve B

Soda is $3 per drink this year. Bob tried to get this item free but they weren't going for it. I wonder what the hotel staff would do if we brought in our own sodas? This could cause grief for Bob.....or maybe the hotel staff would ignore this infraction and just let it slide.

Steve B

Guys,

We personally argued with the hotel on Bob's behalf about the cost of soda, and they wouldn't budge. This really surprised us, as they have been very accommodating otherwise. At any rate, the party is being held in an open area of the hotel, and just between us, there is no way they can regulate who brings in their own sodas. I'm not saying to walk in with a cooler or anything, but carrying your own bottle of pop is not going to cause any problems. Just don't mention my name if anybody says anything, okay? :whistle:

Kelly,

Nothing to explain here, as this is something that is absolutely out of your control. It was the same story last year in Atlanta, and it's surprising, because when you think about it, most people weren't drinking soda anyway. Most people were drinking draft, with a few people ordering mixed drinks here and there. It's something that can very easily be overcome, and we're going to have a great time regardless.

Guys,

We personally argued with the hotel on Bob's behalf about the cost of soda, and they wouldn't budge. This really surprised us, as they have been very accommodating otherwise. At any rate, the party is being held in an open area of the hotel, and just between us, there is no way they can regulate who brings in their own sodas. I'm not saying to walk in with a cooler or anything, but carrying your own bottle of pop is not going to cause any problems. Just don't mention my name if anybody says anything, okay? :)

Ahhhh....Kelly.....isn't "pop" the word Canadians use.....I used soda to try and blend in :lol: ....and here you go using the word pop :blink: ......or is this a regional thing in the US? :unsure: I'm still getting use to saying "Deekals"....when I'm at these conventions. :D

Steve B

Ahhhh....Kelly.....isn't "pop" the word Canadians use.....I used soda to try and blend in :lol: ....and here you go using the word pop :blink: ......or is this a regional thing in the US? :unsure: I'm still getting use to saying "Deekals"....when I'm at these conventions. :D

Steve B

I Ahiya....it's pop!

I'll be driving in from Ohio. Looking forward to my first nationals. I don't know what I'll be bringing yet besides a cold case of Blue.

Jerry

Edited by dragonfly
I Ahiya....it's pop!

I'll be driving in from Ohio. Looking forward to my first nationals. I don't know what I'll be bringing yet besides a cold case of Blue.

Jerry

Ohio you say?? what part of it you driving in from.....I'll be coming from Cincinnati myself and bugging anyone from the area to do the show here Sept 30th :unsure:

See you there I hope :blink:

Edited by crazydon
I Ahiya....it's pop!

Jerry

You say "pop" on Ohio......Ohio must be part of Canada then. :thumbsup:

Steve B Canada30.gif

Ohio you say?? what part of it you driving in from.....I'll be coming from Cincinnati myself and bugging anyone from the area to do the show here Sept 30th :thumbsup:

See you there I hope :beer4:

I reside near Canton Oh...I know....not very civilized but we still call it pop. Cincinnati would be an excellent host city.

Jerry

I reside near Canton Oh...I know....not very civilized but we still call it pop. Cincinnati would be an excellent host city.

Jerry

Just teasing Jerry...hope we can hook up :)

The Sept 30th show is out annual shindig here...as to ever hosting a Nats.......OVER MY DEAD BODY :rofl: :D :D

I'll buy the first one :rolleyes:

Jerry

I'll flip you for it :lol:

Oh...and if anyone gets the idea of getting me drunk enough to think about hosting a Nats here in Cincy will have to remember...I'm crazy....not insane :D