Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise...

Planning to make my first trip to the Nationals... with my wife's blessing! Yea! Actually she has old friends in KC and that secured the spousal authorization.

Not sure if we will fly or drive, although I am leaning toward the overland route to transport my model which will be a Sabre...

Have back-dated the big Hasegawa 1/32nd kit to early Korean War "E" specs. The aircraft is 3/4s finished and have been on a crusade to secure pics of Major George Davis mount and finish the F-86 to match his aircraft. (*see pic of identical squardon A/C at that time)

Have also configured a 1/6th scale BBi figure (*see STOCK item) in his likeness... will probably bring that as well... but under no circumstances am I to hear any reference to or utterance of the word doll. ...it is "action figure" ok... "action figure".

Mike

Edited by mcaulk

Definitely going. Live in the St. Louis area, so the 5 hour drive to Kansas City is no big deal. Haven't decided on whether I'll enter anything. I'm really looking forward to meeting people and buying lots of stuff from the vendors. :cheers: Ivan

I'll be there! Kelly - Cliff may also try to make it. We will have 10 or 15 from the Denver area making the trip. Cant wait!

Derek Brown

;)

At least now we know who the Judge's Grand winner will be! :lol: I don't like surprises anyway. :D Derek, I can't wait to see what you bring. You are one of my favorite modelers who give me inspiration. You are one of the few on a level far above everyone else. See in a few months.

I will be going, being that I live a whopping 20 minutes from downtown KC. I am pretty excited that the first model show I will ever be at will be the nats.

Where do you live? More importantly, what's your name? Have we had the pleasure of meeting? I hate to ask, especially if I DO know you, but curiosity is getting the best of me! :D

:D Got room booked for Wenesday night and Thursday night and be out of there Friday night heading back home. So where's the party going to be at Wenesday and Thursday night????????

Randy ;) :banana::beer4:

Edited by ResinBuilder

hey CD, Nelson, Stohr and Bugnuts...can't wait to see if we can get thrown out of Applebee in KC...I am looking forward to seeing all the guys...hitting the vendor tables for stuff I really don't need, but must have, and encouraging Steve to buy more. But I'm also looking forward to bugging the vendors who ight be coming to the Kzoo show in september, after all isn't that what the vendor contact does. <_< Room is booked at the Hyatt...

mandie

Tossed out of Applebees, huh? Guess I should bring my FOP card and it seems like there are some people on the KCPD that still owe me a favor or three.

Rooms are booked and we will be in on Thursday afternoon.

Dave aka Grizz.

Edited by HistnScale

Glad you'll make it, Dave...we've missed you at the club. Jimbo has had to take over as "Chapter Curmudgeon." :D

I'll try to remember to bring that Siebel 204 book I borrowed from you like, five years ago!

SN

hey CD, Nelson, Stohr and Bugnuts...can't wait to see if we can get thrown out of Applebee in KC...I am looking forward to seeing all the guys...hitting the vendor tables for stuff I really don't need, but must have, and encouraging Steve to buy more. But I'm also looking forward to bugging the vendors who ight be coming to the Kzoo show in september, after all isn't that what the vendor contact does. ;) Room is booked at the Hyatt...

mandie

Only if I hit my head on a light again...

I'm still not sure if I can make it...like I was telling Bug last nite on the phone...with the contract at work being up the same week I can't even bid that week off for vacation till we get something settled...hope they get to negotating before I can't bid on it...

• 2 weeks later...
I hear they may need a blimp over a Royals game that weekend....in which case I'll be there.

-Waco

Waco

I heard about that too. You know that your crew will also be in attendance :stooges:

BTW, have you noticed the ZTG logo on the bottoms of our decal sheets?? I have another surprise coming your way. I am sure you will get a good laugh.

Mike

Edited by Afterburner Decals Mike
  • 2 weeks later...

Just extended our reservation to leave on the 7th.

We'll be able to catch the Royals-Twinkies game Sunday.

Wish we could get the banquet & awards moved to Kaufman Saturday night. Food is good, beer plentiful, awards shown on the Junmbo-Tron ...

John

a die-hard Royals fan in a far-way land ...