Lobby for 1/32 F-8 Crusader

Hi all

Happy new year to you all!

Where do I have to make my X for the 1/32 Crusader? Tamiya would be a dream but if Trumpeter and Academy follow the ways they started taking with the F-18 and the Avenger or Me-262 everything will be good.

Count me in for 1 or 2 or 3....

cheers

Uwe

PS: Thanks for posting the picture, not only one of the most beautiful fighters arround but also from THE No.1 squadron :cheers:

Maybe if ARC and Hyperscale, cybermodeler etc would combine efforts a lobby would be effective. Is there anyone who is in direct contact with the manufactorers Tamiya, Trumpeter or Academy?

I am about to order the a-7e from trumpeter and heard of the bad intake job...this also applies to the Hasegawa 1/48th Crusader (that i'm currently building), but seamless suckers provided a nice replacement part for it.

two more pics to underline my lobby/wish. :banana:

Edited by Timvkampen
Maybe if ARC and Hyperscale, cybermodeler etc would combine efforts a lobby would be effective. Is there anyone who is in direct contact with the manufactorers Tamiya, Trumpeter or Academy?

Personally, I think that, like polls, the Internet may give a skewed idea of what people want. Say a dozen people here, another dozen over at HS, and another dozen over at LSP say they all want Trumpeter to do a 1/32 F-8E. I'm not sure if I were running Trumpeter that 36 guys saying they want one would be enough to make me authorize spending a couple of hundred grand (or whatever) to cut some molds. I think they need to be convinced by their own research that there are enough people really interested to make it worthwhile.

Count me in for a couple french and navy and a marine man bring it on ;)

maybe trumpeter would like to do these and give me the prowler after they made the crusader no rush i can wait :lol: ooh and academy make me a f-14 damned we need it badly and give all the axtras to build all 3 variants :D

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

I'd vote for one. Preferably from Academy, Revell, Tamiya or Hasegawa though...

:crying:

well im suprised you said that since its trumpeter who's kepping you in busines? :D

franckly i dont care who does if it gets done then thats fine i just hope they would retool some other kits in 1/32 so you can actualy build it oob without all the updates

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

:lol: I think Hasegawa could indeed step up to the plate while they have already done a lot of research. Of course any manufaturer could also benefit from the work José Herculano did (see also his Crusader Study Group)...and I have acquired a lot of info on the jet too, so if they'd ask me for info i'd be happy to supply it.

This fighter deserves to be issued in the 1/32 scale.

Well the stash is growing in 32nd scale. I would be down for a Crusader in 32nd scale. Working on the Academy 72nd scale kit now which is a gem. I can imagine what it would be like in 32nd scale.

Mostly a 48th scale nut by nature, but have picked up a few 32nd scale kit the last couple of years, but trying to limit it to just USN only. So I'm in.

Chuck

Fly Navy

I'd love one, provided all the various wing configurations FIT. (The Hase 48 has issues with flaps down, 72nd Academy takes a ton of sanding to get the wing to fit down (since it's far more work to try to lower the flaps and slats on it)

And get the radar screen right, instead of tilted at a 45-degree angle like the one photo that is apparently the only one ever used as a cockpit reference.

Also---an early style nose! I like the C and D the best.