Lobby for 1/32 F-8 Crusader

I think Hasegawa is not gonna come up with a 1/32 Crusader. My bet is Trumpeter. And let's hold our breath then that they tackle the variable incidence wing and the intake.

Tim

Edited by Timvkampen

Just received my Trumpeter A-7E....nice...the deficiencies are do-able...and the aftermarket guys will hit us soon I think for the intake/cockpit (besides BB).

So what has the preference within the (Vought) Crusader fan community? Does Hasegawa have to amaze us, Tamiya, Academy or Trumpeter?

HTH,

Tim

I'd like to see Academy step up to the Crusader challenge. I don't see Hasegawa coming out with a 'new' kit in 1/32. Tamiya, of course, but the price would be $$$$!! I would like Trumpeter to come out with the kits they have promised,ie; F-100, A-6, etc, and then release an F9F-5 and -8. My two cents worth. I am supposed to get my BB cockpit today for my A-7, so may post pix tonite of the components.

Just received my Trumpeter A-7E....nice...the deficiencies are do-able...and the aftermarket guys will hit us soon I think for the intake/cockpit (besides BB).

So what has the preference within the (Vought) Crusader fan community? Does Hasegawa have to amaze us, Tamiya, Academy or Trumpeter?

HTH,

Tim

Hi all

here my 2 cents...

I would be very happy with Hasegawa, correct shape, no useless gimicks, easy to built and reasonably priced!

I would be very happy with Tamiya, correct shape, wonderful details, shake and bake fit...but expensive!

I can not quote on Academy since I have not built a 1/32 scale model from them so far...

...but it will be Trumpeter, since they are going to be the only ones who accept the challange...a lot of work!

cheers

Uwe

Well Uwe,

I think you are probably right. Still i am hoping a little bit that Tamiya will surprise us like they did with the wonderful Douglas Skyray! Well i'll keep on dreaming...

good news is that Fisher models will release an interesting plane: a hawker seafury in 1/32. Awesome

I took a look at my 1/32 Trumpeter A-7E and i am inmpressed when i compare it to Academy.

My preference for a 1/32 Crusader (Crouze) ould be:

1) Tamiya

2) Trumpeter

3) Academy

4) Hasegawa

and of course a couple of pics from my fault (see beginning thread and this post).. :wave:

OK, just kidding. Some of you will remember this project from before.

I too hope someone will make a nice 1/32 Crusader. Even though it will mean that all of my hard work was for nothing. Well, I suppose that if I just finish this thing, it will hasten the impending release of one in plastic. The only problem is, I am in school now, and nothing is getting done for two more years at least!

I'm staying away from 1/32 for the moment due to space considerations, but a 1/32 Crusader could change all that... ;)

@Timvkampen: you wouldn't have any info/pictures on VF-53 birds from the 1968 cruise (ecpecially NF204), would you?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi all,

I thought it'd be appropriate to revive this thread since I started it March last year.

As we know, Trumpeter has stepped up to the plate for the F-8E in 1/32 scale. OF course we have to be patient but it'll be a big seller - as will be the F-100D.

My question to you all: which is the better dogfighter. The F-8 or its follow-up the F-14?

regards,

Tim

I would love to see a 32nd scale F-8, but I would also love to have a 32nd scale Duece or Six to add to my collection,

While we are on the subject, how about some 32nd scale Russian/Soviet/CIS stuff other than MiGs....

Floggers, Fitters, Shturmovicks....etc, etc, etc......know what I mean? :doh:

Cheers, Ian