Hi Folks,

As we've said before, we had a great time in Atlanta with all of our unofficial ARC get-togethers, and we really want to do more this year. With that in mind, what kind of ARC events would you like to see? We've already discussed it, and we can't afford to do anything like the Twobobs party (although we'll definitely be there!), but ideas for other events would be more than welcome.

Some things that I was thinking about:

1. Obviously, our little 'frosty beverage' get-togethers at the local watering hole, hopefully inside the hotel so no one has to travel.

2. An ARC Group Photo. I'd like to get as many people together as possible for this one

3. An ARC breakfast, maybe on Friday or Saturday morning. We'd have to settle on a definitive day and time.

4. A seminar/presentation on ARC, as well as a round table discussion.

What do you guys think? Obviously, there are only so many hours in a day, but we want to see what you guys will be the most interested in, or if there are any other ideas that we might be missing out on. We'd also like to get an itinerary developed in June or July, that people can print out and take to KC with them. That way, we're not trying to throw things together on the fly, and we can get as many people together as possible.

You know, I was thinking about this the other nite at work (you think I work at work)

1st we have to have the paper airplane contest (I blame Steve Stohr for this idea)...who can build the paper airplane that flies the longest :D

Now...so the new ARC Armor guys don't feel left out at the same time we have them bring rubber band guns and they can have their "flakbait" contest...they can see how many of the paper airplanes they can shoot down...(and did you guys happen to know they make a "rubber band machine gun..shoots 100 bands :D )

You were expecting something safe, sane and sober maybe :banana:

(is age a deciding factor here? i cant have alcoholic beverages yet :banana:)

Fear not......we'll have a non-alcholic gathering/seminar as well as the breakfasts. Maybe getting the group photo taken at the ARC seminar would be the best idea.

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

[Now...so the new ARC Armor guys don't feel left out at the same time we have them bring rubber band guns and they can have their "flakbait" contest...they can see how many of the paper airplanes they can shoot down...(and did you guys happen to know they make a "rubber band machine gun..shoots 100 bands

****You'll shoot your eye out kid. :banana:

Hmmm....

Great debates death match? Finally settle all those contentious issues, once and for all. The 'flaps up' guys find the biggest guy they can, and the 'flaps down' guys do similar, then they duke it out until one side is declared the winner. Note: this would also work well to settle some of the more notorious troll-wars too. Which brings up another thought...

Troll Dunk Tank. The usual suspects....you know 'em, you hate 'em, now's your chance for a little vindication.

Tank Pinata for the ARC Air people, F-16 pinata for the ARC Armour people (and jet modellers with good taste :banana: ) Maybe you could get people to bring in some spares-box items to fill them up. :D

Team speed builds. A cheap kit, a small group of modellers, an hour to finish.

An official Twobobs beg-a-thon - 30 minutes of solid begging for all those subjects you want Twobobs to release. Get it all over in one go so Bob can enjoy some peace for the rest of the weekend. :D

An 'I'm never going to build THAT' kit swap. ARC's Nats attendees bring a kit out of their stash that they're never, ever going to build (you know the one, bought on sale 'cause it seemed like SUCH a good deal at the time, replaced by a newer/better kit or given to you by your Great Aunt Gertrude), put them in a pile, and pick out something someone else has brought. Which could spin off a Group Build, I suppose.

Demonstration Crud. If there's enough military guys there, and the hotel signs the waivers...

Edited by Steve Filak

x2 can the tank be filled with nastys too? :thumbsup:

webcast is a must for the international members of ARC...coudl be like phone bidding! we pick a member whos there and work via proxy :thumbsup:

Edited by Raymond
webcast is a must for the international members of ARC

We're already looking into providing video coverage. I have a digital camcorder, and if we can swing it, we're going to try to do a video a day. We're also going to try to get more people pictures as well. IMO, the human element of the contest is very important, and it's just as much fun to enjoy the esprit de corps as it is to buy stuff and drool over the models in the contest area. :thumbsup:

RE: Webcast

I hear Kolja is both photogenic and outgoing, so he's a natural to be our lead "color" broadcaster.

WARNING: For our international friends, and those unable to decipher typewritten sarcasm on the internet, the above post should be read in as sardonic a voice as possible.

hear Kolja is both photogenic and outgoing, so he's a natural to be our lead "color" broadcaster

Hmmm I have heard through one of Karls friends that he TALKS ALOT, is that what you mean by COLOR COMMENTATOR? NYUK NYUK NYUK

:wacko: GOTTA :D GO :rofl:

Jack aka BUGFAN

This post has been edited by Steve Filak: Today, 03:04 PM

'He named names!'

Actually, those were two I figured would be 'safe'; I self-edited the more prominent figures that came to mind. :D

What about organising internet things...

I know we have silly week and stuff, but some of this stuff could be done on the web, such as:

The kit youre never goint to build thing,

TwoBobs begathon on the chatroom.

This is because I cant exactly go to the US to meet some guys off the internet for a day, me being 13 and living in the UK...

Ben

Hmmm...Nationals events?

Sounds like we've got the beer about covered, though is it still tradition that the Canadians bring a bunch of beer for the rest of us for thier "Royal Canadian Beer Blast"?

Nobody has mentioned strippers yet? :blink:

How about an ARC masseuse? I'll be tired and sore after that long drive and a massage would be nice!

How about an ARC lawndart contest (BYOF-16)? :)

Here's some stuff I think you should consider:

Having all ARC member's models in one general section so we do not have to go on a jungle adventure to find everyone's models to make "comments"

Some sort of ARC member's award only. (We can look at each other's stuff there, and when we leave, we can discuss here, and present it to the proper person)

ARC T-shirt should definitely be there. (I think many people, including me, did not have a chance to sign it)

Definitely an ARC group photo/ get-together.

That's my two cents

Anthony

Nobody has mentioned strippers yet?

What'ya trying to do... get some of us divorced?!?! :worship:

Hmmm... unless... is anyone getting married that needs to have a bachelor party that weekend?!?!... that might be "allowable" by SWMBO! :D

Hmmm... unless... is anyone getting married that needs to have a bachelor party that weekend?!?!... that might be "allowable" by SWMBO! laugh.gif

Well....I'm not getting married anytime soon, but we could celebrate me being done w/field training :rofl: and my 21st b-day :rofl:

John

+I liked the idea of ARC models being grouped, but think it might be difficult to do. How'bout a "secret" mark on the entry sheet or base as an identifier? It really would be interesting to see how many ARCer models are there.

Nobody has mentioned strippers yet?

What'ya trying to do... get some of us divorced?!?! :o

:lol:

I wasn't suggesting it, just noting that it hadn't been mentioned yet.

Now that it has, I don't see a problem since it is Johns 21st birthday! :explode:

Maybe Kelly and the nats staff can arrange something? :P

:soapbox:

I wasn't suggesting it, just noting that it hadn't been mentioned yet.

Now that it has, I don't see a problem since it is Johns 21st birthday! beer4.gif

Well, my 21st comes during Field Training....so after feild training, I'll be celebrating my birthday for quite some time. :D

John