Entry #1 F-15C 1/48 Hasegawa

Well January is here...so i thought i'd better start!

no pics as yet,nothing much to show to be honest,still recovering from a sore head following the new year celebrations...

Anyway Day 1#

Keep it simple,glued the wings together.

re-profiled the radar warning antenna's on the wingtips to a more accurate profile.cut out the navigation lights & Anti collision lights and replaced them with pieces of red & green toothbrushes which were rubbed down to shape.

did the same to the tail fins also,re-profiled the ECM antenna's,as they look far too big as Hasegawa mold them.also cut off the solid molded strobe/navigation lights on the fin,these will be replaced by shaped clear & red sprue...

So......did anyone else actually make a start today????

Edited by mungo1974
..cut out the navigation lights & Anti collision lights and replaced them with pieces of red & green toothbrushes which were rubbed down to shape.

What type of glue did you use to attach the red & green plastic into the cut-out grooves? I tried this once but after attaching the pieces with Gunze/Tamiya cement, waiting for a day and than sanding/filing the colored pieces, the colored pieces came off. Did you use CA?

What type of glue did you use to attach the red & green plastic into the cut-out grooves? I tried this once but after attaching the pieces with Gunze/Tamiya cement, waiting for a day and than sanding/filing the colored pieces, the colored pieces came off. Did you use CA?

I just use my regular non-fogging CA i use for attaching all my PE parts,always seem to hold ok

update #2

Still no pics...sorry

Add another kill to the Eagles victory list....my finger! :rofl:

slipped with a X-acto blade while cutting out the aileron's to give them that classic droop they get on the Eagle after the Hydro pressure bleeds off after engine shut down..

• 2 weeks later...

well update time again...

basically after a major FUBAR by me,i've had to take a spare set of wings from another kit....good job i've got plenty of 1/48 F-15's in the stash..

I've also decided not to get tied down with AMS on this GB,so cockpits will be almost OOB resin ACESII and updated MSIP instrument panel (if needed)..

hopefully by nextweek end i'll have something worth taking pics of,if my buddy lends me his camera that is!

most likely old skool USAFE Bitburg jet,as i think most current units will be well featured in the GB lineup....

but that being said those new Nellis Aggressors are on the 'to do list' too

Edited by mungo1974
I'm with you on the Bitburg subjects. I'm just trying to decide which one?!

The 84-0019 is maybe a nice one? He nailed 2 Su-25 Frogfoots during ODS. now still in service at Lakenheath. Or on airliners there was this pic with a commander bird in the back, also looks a nice one to do as this would be one of the earliest mod eagle camo's. to bad no decent shot of the markings as it is flying in the back. Or the 80-0007 which crashlanded as a brand new aircraft on Leeuwarden, Holland. Choice enough with Bitburg Eagles :) I'm doing the 0027 which killed a Mirage F-1 and a Flogger

And also looking forward to some more pics of your model mungo!

Or on airliners there was this pic with a commander bird in the back, also looks a nice one to do as this would be one of the earliest mod eagle camo's. to bad no decent shot of the markings as it is flying in the back.

The jet in the background isn't the commanders jet,its one of the 6 F-15C's pooled from both the 22FS & 53FS (Team USAFE)specially painted for the 1992 William Tell gunnery meet @ Eglin AFB.

one of which 79-0078 is looking favourite to be my choice of markings...these 6 jets were the first to get the new Mod-Eagle paintjob at Bitburg.

• 1 year later...
80-0007 which crashlanded as a brand new aircraft on Leeuwarden, Holland. Choice enough with Bitburg Eagles :) I'm doing the 0027 which killed a Mirage F-1 and a Flogger

And also looking forward to some more pics of your model mungo!

80-0007 went in at Soesturberg(sp!) not Leeuwarden. :)

Mungo, if you decide to do '007, I'd LOVE pics of the model when you're done with it.

g.

Wow this one got dug up from the past.

I did finish the model,but not till after the GB had finished..

Its currently boxed up with all my other kits from my house move(been living here over ayear and still have not unpacked everything!)

BTW it was eventually finished as 79-0078 in its William Tell'92 markings

Wow this one got dug up from the past.

I did finish the model,but not till after the GB had finished..

Its currently boxed up with all my other kits from my house move(been living here over ayear and still have not unpacked everything!)

BTW it was eventually finished as 79-0078 in its William Tell'92 markings

Hehe. It dawned on me after reading your post that the thread date was '06, not '07. :thumbsup:

I understand about moving. I still have a 20 foot shipping container filled with the contents of my old shop. I'm hoping to get to unpacking that this weekend.

tnx!

g.