Hi guys from the great state of Missouri and even greater Kansas City.

Going back to the room rates, I have already booked the room for Wednesday for 199,- Do you think they will change that for me if you get additional room or is it set ? Surely I am willing to pay what they ask, however I will not object to saving few bucks to have more space to surrender the temptation there.

Thanks

Jozef from Slovakia

Hi guys from the great state of Missouri and even greater Kansas City.

Going back to the room rates, I have already booked the room for Wednesday for 199,- Do you think they will change that for me if you get additional room or is it set ? Surely I am willing to pay what they ask, however I will not object to saving few bucks to have more space to surrender the temptation there.

Thanks

Jozef from Slovakia

I would contact the Hyatt again, they should honor the convention rate for Wednesday. If they don't, please let me know. Do it right away though, we are getting close to selling out ALL of our rooms, and they may not let us increase our block any further.

Kelly,

Just called the Hyatt at 1:40 pm, est. and was told that Wednesday nightsroom block was gone and the charge was upped to 199.00. I hope that they let you increase your block of rooms, that extra 100 bucks hurts like HE**!! No money for BEER!!!!! Please check into this and let us know, I made the reservation but they told us it was our responsibility to change it if you get more rooms added. Sounds like you are going to have a full house, this is 7 months out and the first night is already gone, SHEEEEEEZ!!!!!

Please let us know asap!!

THANKS ALOT,

Jack aka BUGFAN

:banana: Kelly Kelly Kelly, YOU DA MAN!!! I just called the Hyatt and reconfirmed the room at the convention rate. WAY TO GO SIR. I figured you would want to read this so everyone knows it can be done now. Thanks for taking care of that so quick!!! TO ALL the other slackers like me, Get your rooms now, or forever hold your piece!!! LOLOLOL!!

APPRECIATE IT ALOT!!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Mandie already booke our room..now I'm just waiting for my tax refund so I can get a new(er) car for the trip! <_<

SN

You guys are killing me, with work screwing around with my vacation request I can't even book a room till I get that straightened out...might end up having to stay off site if I can get there

Hey Bug..I'm booked ..you were right (for a change :D ..I worry about work and that contract too much)...I went with all 4 nites...just point me to the beer and where the paper airplanes :cheers::banana:

Edited by crazydon
Hey Bug..I'm booked ..you were right (for a change :crying: ..I worry about work and that contract too much)...I went with all 4 nites...just point me to the beer and where the paper airplanes B) :rolleyes:

Authorities have been notified...

"the soulless one"

Hey Kelly

I will be emceeing the Two Bobs Hospitality Suite again.....if Bob lets me!! I am really looking forward to your show my friend. Sounds like it will be another big one!!

Cheers

Mike Reeves

My wife is looking forward to your Dr. Evil impersonation again! Sounds great Mike, and you're right this is shaping up nicely to be a big one!

• 2 weeks later...
At this point the Hyatt is allowing us to keep reserving rooms at the Convention rate, with no set limit. This can change or stop at any time, at the Hyatt's discretion, so I can't stress enough - book your rooms now!

Sounds like good advice to me.....get 'em while they're hot, fellas! BTW, we're less than six months out at this point. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to it already. We had a great time last July, and I think that we're in for another nonstop party this year!

• 4 weeks later...

Kelly, a question about registration:

Is there no option for a someone like me who just wants to attend (no model entries, no Awards ceremony, no Banquet, etc) AND wants to receive a traditional "Convention Package"? Or will there not be a package (name tag, local info, decal sheet, etc)?

Gene K

Kelly, a question about registration:

Is there no option for a someone like me who just wants to attend (no model entries, no Awards ceremony, no Banquet, etc) AND wants to receive a traditional "Convention Package"? Or will there not be a package (name tag, local info, decal sheet, etc)?

Gene K

Gene,

I'm afraid you must register for the contest in order to get a Convention Package. You do not have to go to or pay for the banquet, but you will have to pay full price for contest registration, whether you enter anything or not.

• 3 weeks later...
As a member of IPMS New Zealand, am I able to register and enter a model?

As long as you are a member in good standing with a foreign branch of IPMS, you can register for the convention and enter models. Looking forward to meeting you Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly,

Thanks for the updates, but a question -- you say "online reg will be up until 6 weeks before" ???

Does this also apply to registering entries ? Seems awful far out for the last minute crisis and/or good idea ....

John,

who has a room but really needs to go register ...

and get back on a build schedule ...