Revell 1/48 F/A 18E Super Hornet color help needed

04-01-06

Hey Guys.

Need color help again.

Just started the Revell 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet and as usual find Revell's color guide to be somewhat hopeless.

Can anyone give me the FS numbers for the VX-9 "Vampires" option?

Thanks in advance.

Liam#

Hi Liam

I'm at work at the moment so I don't have the RoG boxing in front of me but it should be the standard FS36320 top and FS36375 bottom.

Dark Ghost and Light Ghost Grey. The vertical stablisers are either gloss or semi-gloss black, not sure what the FS number for that it.

Will double check when I get home.

Hi Liam

Definitely 36320 and 36375, just double checked to make sure. The instructions don't actually mention which black to use for the stabilisers.

The monogram boxing (have this kit too) for VFA-14 indicates gloss black.

I agree with you on the RoG painting instructions, there are so many mistakes. The Monogram instructions are far better and clearer, even indicates FS colours.

How the same instruction sheet can differ so much is beyond me.

The Daco decals in the RoG boxing makes up for the painting issues IMHO.

The ARC superhornet GB should kick-off in May '06 and is working in conjuction with the FineScale Superhornet GB that started this past Sunday. You can share your builds across both group builds if you choose to.

Since you just started you are more than welcome to join the FSM build if you want to. Below is the link.

http://www.finescale.com/FSM/CS/forums/511780/ShowPost.aspx

Good luck on the build.

John