FMMF build begins!

Nice! Did you decal, then drill, or vice versa?

I've just finished the sidewalls and detail bays for upper and lower hulls. Very quick and only a couple of parts to watch for.

What are you doing for the engine?

Edited by GMK

Im going to light the engine with Electroluminescent sheet bought from ebay. I wont be able to see the internal engine details but thats OK.

I decalled the cockpit first, then very carefully drilled them out using a pin vice. I plan to do some more work on it tomorrow so i will update it then

Edited by gunpowder

OK Cockpit lighting finished. One pic with light in the room on and one with the light off. Figures next!

By the way, i havent finished the pads round the door yet. They are just rough!

Edited by gunpowder

WOW :crying: gunpowder, that really rocks. So how many times did you watch the original series to get the lighting right? Love when you can watch movies and call it research for a project. One of my favorite "research" movies is Top Gun for the Tomcat info, but my wife still give me guff about that one, She'll say "You already know where and what every switch, wire, light, rivet, etc... is or does cuz you worked on them your entire Navy career." I just look back and say "I forgot." :cheers:

Again Great Work :thumbsup: ,

Kiowafixer/Ex-Tomcatfixer

was there any lights around the hull other than the main engine lighting?

Yes , there are many red warning ligths and yellow spot ligths around the hull, but these are not on the models of the Falcon but on the "live action" Empire stage (you can see many of these ligths on the 1/1 scale Falcon in Hoth Echo base and on Bespin landing pad) Apparently, the models for special effects had no warning ligths and only the two forward facing spotligths.

Sorry, I tried to add a pic, but I'm not a computer expert...

Edited by Grizzly

This pic was in my HD for years.

I think I took it from Starship modeler forum in a topic about MPC Falcon ligthing, and Zarkus (who makes very good SF resin garage kits) is one of the main contributor to this forum

Edited by Grizzly

Oh my eyes!! Finished the engine deck. Theres so many parts and so much studying of the instructions for this part. Its easier one one side is done, as you can then see where the parts go. Oh well hardest part over (i think). Heres 2 pics of before and after

damn... now i got a bruise on my chin from my jaw dropping so hard. That's a lot of greeblies. I wonder... if you left them all off, and filled in the locating holes, could you make a "stock" YT-1300?

One more thing... are you doing the battle damage? Or leaving it "clean"

Edited by RedHeadKevin

Dont know. Question is, if you paid all that money for the kit would you want to?! :cheers:

Here are some pics of the newly installed headlights. Quite simple, 2 fibre optics running from the drilled lenses back to a "light box" mounted in the center. I can then drill in from the top and bottom for the gunwell fibre optics!