I don't think there's enough of a following, nor enough ships/things to model for it to become a worthwhile effort for any manufacturers (indy or otherwise).

Love the show, haven't seen the movie, the ship is rearend-ugly, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see models of it :lol: I suspect, however, what we'll see is small-scale resin stuff, like B5 has in spades.

The movie logically follows the shows (& the show DVD has a couple unreleased episodes) and while the movis is good on it's own, I highly recommend viewing the shows before the movie.

John

I've got a little 4" resin kit from Minimodelmadness.com and it's pretty rough. It has the basic shape, but will still take a lot of work to bring it up to speed. That's the only kit I've been able to find.

Ben

Last I read Thomas is planning 2 kits. The first probably in 1/350th and all resin with a more detailed one in the larger scale with an interior (cockpit, dining area, cargo bay.

Will be interesting to see if/when these are done.

Still want it in 72nd.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/other/jo_firefly.htm Here is a link to Star Ship Modeler for the Serenity Kit.

Scale: ~1/500, about 4½"/114mm long

Parts: 5 Resin Pieces

Instructions: None

Decals: None

Molding Quality: 4 - Many small bubbles, and some larger voids that were very difficult to work around.

Detail: 5 - The manufacturer attempted to do too much and some of it didn't fit the scale. Most of this was easily removed.

Accuracy: 6- excluding the 'details' note above

MSRP: $20 USD available from Larson Designs/MiniModelMadness

Overall Rating: 5 - I was really eager to build this ship, and I would do it again, but many would not be willing to struggle so much for a small model of this quality. Building too 30 hrs for so-so results by this novice. Not the best choice for one's first resin kit.

[Please click to enlarge]

Serenity is a Firefly Class freighter from the prematurely canceled "Firefly" TV show, which thankfully reappeared in the eponymously named movie: Serenity. It is a shame that the early demise of the series probably means that many of the props and CGI images will never make it into production models. :o