Great build Maurizio! You mentioned the decals being too orange. I live in DC and have Jayhawks flying around all the time. It appears to be red-orange to me. If you are looking at photos, it will appear to appear redder than it actually is in person much like the red on Ferrari's Formula 1 cars appears darker in photos than in person. :D

Due to a flu I'm at home and not at work.... so I can proceed with the building of the Jayhawk.

this afternoon I completed the nose. The radome is coming from a S-3 Viking flir and some stratchbuildings.

I applied a coat of Future to the nose since I would fill all the small holes present in the putty work.

Maurizio

Hi Jake,

I applied a coat of Future AFTER the putty has been filled in order to check for some holes before painting. the Future will fill all micro holes.

since I used a not-for-plastic putty, the putty was non so fine and for this reason I painted in black the radome in order to see some micro holes. After that I used again my files and than i applied the Future.

Cheers

Maurizio

Maurizio,

Your Jayhawk is coming along wonderfully!! Sometimes being home with the flu has its benefits, dont you agree. 8^) Ive bookmarked this topic, I suspect theres a Jayhawk in my future.

MORE PICS!!!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Due to a flu I'm at home and not at work.... so I can proceed with the building of the Jayhawk.

Maurizio

You should get sick more often, you make great progress when that seems to happen. Looking real nice. :D

Thanks friends for your comments!

...we are joking but...well.. it is correct....if you stay at home due to a flu....it could be a nice opportunity to modelling more than a normal situation.... consider also that my personal doctor is also a modeller so when he reach me at home for my flu. we talk about modelling for more than an hour....

Talking about Jayhawk:

Here are some more pics of the heli. Completed nose and landing gear (landing gear also in helis talking?).

Next step: painting rotors and making doors.

cheers

Maurizio

• 2 weeks later...