F-15E Strike Eagle

a few more

The F-15E has wool seat covers - to make "wool" I masked off the cushion area and applied squadron green putty that I had thinned with testors liquid cement. I then stippled the putty with a stiff brush. The end results will look OK - but I had to destroy the molded in kit seats in the process.

Edited by FrankC

Ken,

thanks man!

Here are the painted burner cans and the unpained rear fan assy. I decided to cut the fans out with my razor saw because it's much easier to paint the insides of the cans if both ends are open.

The weathering on the insides of the cans was done with thin paint sprayed on very carefuly. It's not entirely accurate, but looks better than stark white.

The other think I want on my Beagle is nestable tanks. All I did to make those was chop the end of the kit tank off, and use my dremel to careful cut out a lip recess. I then stuck a punched disk in the recess.

Guys,

thanks again for the compliments! Nicholas - it's base painted with an airbrush, then just brush painted with acrylics. It actually looks better to the naked eye - the photo is pretty heavily magnifed (as are all the flaws).

Got some paint on the fuselage - this was a major step (for me)

Hi Frank,

I agree with my fellow oppressor and Mr. Mungo, great job on the paint. It definitely has 'the look'. Look forward to the next update. BTW, I believe this is the first modern subject I have seen from you in the four years that I have been apart of ARC! :blink:

Steve - yep, gonna use the Eduard etch belts. Much simplier than making my own.

Ken - thanks for caring. Sure, I'll never get any better if you don't kick me in the nuts - but i'll forgive you this time.

Mungo - Not sure... Either DS1 first strike (mk 82s and Sparrows) or Something from the Two Bobs Saddam Hunter sheet. I have been admiring Pigs weapons, and think I that the detail on LGBs might be good for this kit. My only problem is that I don't have the Aim-120 launchers..

Alby

"BTW, I believe this is the first modern subject I have seen from you in the four years that I have been apart of ARC!"

Well I started this thing about four years ago... :wierdo:

Looking good Frank. :thumbsup:

And thanks for those last shots. I was sat here looking at your Eagle and thinking to myself somethings not right with the metal area. Wouldn't you know it - I had masked my top metal area one panel forward of where it should be. :thumbsup:

Frank,

Please forgive me, but I thought I'd throw a little fawning in at this point as well. First off, as my fellow opressors have already mentioned, it's definitely got 'the look'. I don't know if you pre-shaded or applied a light wash, but the panel lines seem to have just the right amount of contrast. Almost seems a shame to glosscoat it now, because that base coat looks perfect. I'm also impressed with the bare metal areas....Alclad, I presume?

At any rate, it looks fantastic so far.....it might be a monotone color scheme, but it's already got character. I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress. :(

PS: Sorry that I didn't kick you in the nuts, either. I realize that this is the only way to improve, but maybe next time. :woo:

Edited by Steve Filak
PS: Sorry that I didn't kick you in the nuts, either. I realize that this is the only way to improve, but maybe next time. :worship:

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger modelers. Now free franks for all my friends. :worship:

Regards,

Murph

Thanks for all the comments - it's all good.

Murph - I recently read about a new site which will have a refrenshingly frank approach to modeling. Frankly, I have had a Frank approach to modeling for quite some time now - should I sue? I sometimes wish I was named "Steve"..

Steve - As to the NMF - it's not alclad, it's floquil silver, and it's not preshaded or washed. I do a regiment of postshading. The gloss coat did make it disappear, but if experince is any indication, it will return when the flatcoat is applied.

again - thanks!

--Frank

Murph - I recently read about a new site which will have a refrenshingly frank approach to modeling. Frankly, I have had a Frank approach to modeling for quite some time now - should I sue? I sometimes wish I was named "Steve"..

Frank,

I think that was a very frank response. One should never let down their guard though, once you start letting things like wheel wells slip by, the downfall of civilization is sure to follow.

Regards,

Murph