Zeppelins, Floozies, and more!

Going through some photos that my father bought back in the 70's when his friend's photography supply store was liqudating their assets before closing. All are of early aviation in El Paso.

First the Graf Zeppelin on it's round the world tour in 1929 (I think). The M on the mountain is for the Miners of the Texas College of Mines and Metallurgy, later to become Texas Western, later to become University of Texas at El Paso (Where I am currently attending).

12GrafZeppelin1929.jpg

Graf again. You can see that the picture was taken out the window of a Ford Trimotor.

13GrafZeppelinfromFord.jpg

This is a picture of the first ever airplane flight in El Paso. The location is right at the bottom tip of the mountain in the above picture, and is now a ginormous medical center.

1AcftCentELP.jpg

Dunno the story here. I just like the expression on the goofball second from the end.

18PilotsMuni.jpg

Said Floozies:

15GirlsAcftMuni.jpg

Got literally hundreds more in a box, including some from the Northrop Archives.

This guy's last name is Hamilton, and he used to fly his Curtiss around Washington park near Downtown. Notice his cigar.

4HamiltonELP.jpg

More Hamilton:

5HamiltonELP.jpg

I believe this is a Wright Model B, but I'm not sure. It's a neat picture, whatever it is.

8HudsonDlshpELP.jpg

Fokker T-2. Flew non-stop across the USA on May 2/3, 1923. Made the flight in 26 hours, 50 minutes, I believe it stopped in Hell Paso on its epic journey.

9FokkerT-1Ft.jpg

One of the first El Paso Airport Terminals. The current airport is built around this structure, and just before the security checkpoint, if you look up, you can see some of the rafters that were in this building.

20Terminalabout1942.jpg