1/32 Spitfire Mk.II No. 41 Squadron

Here are some pics of my Battle of Britain entry. I am using the Hasegawa 1/32 Spitfire Mk.II model. The only aftermarket item I am using is Eduard color PE harnesses. I'm not sure if the harnesses are correct for the time period, but they look good.

Here are some cockpit photos:

spitfire_mkII_01.jpg

spitfire_mkII_02.jpg

Applied some Micro Kristal Klear to simulate dial lenses:

spitfire_mkII_03.jpg

After the Klear dried:

spitfire_mkII_04.jpg

Couple of sidewall pictures:

spitfire_mkII_05.jpg

spitfire_mkII_06.jpg

Edited by Tim H

That is looking great. I look forward to more photos as you progress. I have an old Revell 1/32 Spitfire kit here but I am missing all the canopy pieces so I am considering using it to model a downed spitfire diorama. I contacted Revell about replacement canopies but it is a mid 70's kit and they are unable or unwilling to provide replacement canopy pieces

• 1 month later...

I'm making some good progress on my Spitfire. The painting is done except for some touchup work. The masking tape pulled up some of the paint on the bottom of the fuselage. I will fix that and future the plane this morning. It should be ready for decals tonight.

spitfire_mkII_13.jpg

spitfire_mkII_14.jpg

spitfire_mkII_15.jpg

spitfire_mkII_16.jpg

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was really happy with the results of the paint job, but the decaling turned out to be a disaster. The Hasegawa kit decals were horrible. They were thin, buy VERY brittle. I must have used a half of bottle of Mirco Set just to move the decals around. The bigger decals like the roundels and numbers would rip whenever you tried to move them. The fuselage band must have ended up in a total of 5 or 6 pieces. The decals didn't like solvent solution either they would wrinkle and not settle flat.

I sprayed another coat of future after the decals and will be able to do some detail painting and weather the model. So I will make the deadline. :D

spitfire_mkII_17.jpg

spitfire_mkII_18.jpg

Ozgenie, I might be able to help. Does the windshield locate into a small keyhole, in the fuselage? In my Spitfire spares I have a windshield, and rear cover, which don't seem to match the Hasegawa bits. I've built, and converted, so many of the Hasegawa kits, over the years, that I have several spare canopies, and windshields with external armour, and you're welcome to a (small!) selection, as well, if our respective Post Offices play ball.

Great finish Great foto's :wave:

No really that is a sweet looking Spitfire and as Pete has mentioned the photo's and the size of the model give a deceptive 'realness' about this entry.

Many thanks for entering Tim :cheers:

Doc (now looking up 'realness' in the dictionary :huh: )