The "Do I" or Don't I" thread

Does the Matchbox GB need a deadline extension?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose

• Oh please! - I have to finish this kit off!
    • Nope - I did my bit and it is time for Tamigawa!

I am sure this is going to be asked at some stage and I am sure Thommo would not mind me posting this either, but here goes...

Please indicate your preference and I will close the poll next week and review the results before going cap in hand to the mods for an extension.

:wacko:

MikeJ

Where's the option for "I have two kits going and I SHOULD be able to finish them both in time (I mean, how hard can splinter masking be?), but if there's an extension they might look a bit nicer"?

;)

I have just started my second kit,and it is too hot here to sit at the workbench tonight. This weekend I have to assemble our new study furniture as well!

Did you tick option A then? :)

:crying:

MikeJ

Ofcourse I ticked A - that option can also be translated to "Whee! More time to build Matchbox!"

I should not start more kits - apart from the two M-box I've got two more started - but I have a M-box Fury and a nice Modeldecal sheet... I will do that next, regardless if I meet the deadline or not.

I am in favour of an extension.

As with Mike the heat has just been great B)

I am also off on 2 weeks leave to even more sunny Queensland so there would be no chance of me finishing the Wessex in the current time frame. I was actuallty looking forward to getting this one finished after seeing Grant's progress with his!

;)

Ray

So, if we extend, does that mean I can start Number four after I finish the Harrier this weekend? :lol:

Something else that occured to me is that some of the Gb's eg. D-Day and BoB recur on an annual basis. Now admittedly they act as an annual commemoration of some major events in the history of a free world, but is that something we could think about?

Maybe just a couple of months, long enough to put together a single MB kit and act as a 'stress reliever' or safety valve kind of thing in between AMS induced (or inducing) projects?

On the other hand maybe the Matchbox build should be remembered as something that burned brightly for it's natural life span before becoming just a fond memory.

Speaking for myself, I've almost built three MB kits since October, but bought at least fifteen (I know, I know) - thanks Mike! I'm semi-seriously thinking of a web-site devoted to the subject.

Steve.

PS irrespective of whether I can start another, I've voted yes so that those who have work in progress can continue to enjoy them as fun, rather than have deadline pressures.

Mike , can we extend - I thought theres a 6 month limit on all builds ?

Also how bout a Airfix or Heller or even Frog GB next, same idea different mfg ?

I just realized I have monday off ( maybe ) so theres still hope to finish the seafox, the Wessex

aint gonna happen.

Two of my 3 will be done before deadline, maybe this weekend.

I'm concerned about finishing the Strannie, which was my main kit, by then because of the rigging. It is in the paint shop now. It is my fault -- poor time management -- but I'd like to have two weeks extra.

Thanks,

John

Hal

The idea about an Airfix/Heller GB sounds a good one too. :taunt:

GB length is 4 months currently (October 2005 with closure on the 1st February 2006) so if the poll swings that way I will be asking for a 2 month extension.

I reckon that ought to be enough as I would not get anymore time beyond the 6 month limit as you mentioned.

:D

Mike

Looks like an extension is is the wind eh Johnno - I'm relaxed either way.

This has been a fascinating GB - some real nostalgia here people. BTW my Matchbox stash has grown enormously, but still has a way to go yet!

Would have been done on time, except for a three day trip to the Toronto Boat Show this weekend and I just booked a week in the "Dominican" starting Jan 23. I need two weeks additional.

Pleeeeeeese!

alvin5182

Normally I wouldn't mind one way or the other (although I was grateful for the small extension to the F4 group build), but then being a muppet I thought we were on for 6 months anyway. I was a little bit surprised when Mike posted his "1 month to go !" thread. So yes, I'd like the full six months please if that's alright with everyone else.

John - It's a Matchbox kit. What's rigging ?

Stuart.

Can you extend it to 19 February ?

I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, I gotta finish that Tunnan, ....

Stef