Twobobs Hospitality Suite

Just made contact with the Hyatt and we're in the planning stages now. Looks like we'll be hosting this shindig on 3 August (Thursday). More details as they become firm.

Booze and plastic!!

Can't beat it!!

We always serve up local microbrew to get the right "flavor" of beer for the locale. That being said, I've Googled around today and found these guys http://www.blvdbeer.com/

Any comments from the local guys? Bath water or top notch? I'll be contacting them for some free giveaways.

Thanks! :cheers:

We always serve up local microbrew to get the right "flavor" of beer for the locale. That being said, I've Googled around today and found these guys http://www.blvdbeer.com/

Any comments from the local guys? Bath water or top notch? I'll be contacting them for some free giveaways.

Thanks! :)

Boulevard Beer is high quality, good stuff and a local favorite. Can't go wrong there!

UH Oh.... beer, NATS..Hospitality Suite....

Looks like someone will loose his soul.... :)

Harald

That explains why Harald ain't casting a shadow :lol:

Edited by crazydon

Boulevard Pale Ale and Irish Ale is some good stuff. The Boulevard plant is not very far at all from where the nats are going to be, maybe a few miles tops, I think they'd be down for some freebies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

If there's anyone that frequents this board and would like to get in on helping sponsor the Twobobs Hospitality Suite, by all means let's hear from you!!!

Below is the text I sent out to all the vendors I had contact info. for.

Gentlemen,

It’s that time of year again and I’m here to solicit your involvement in the Twobobs Hospitality Suite that we ramrod every year at the Nats. This will be our third year that we’re doing this and both years have been a huge success and this has turned into something that the modeling public definitely looks forward to.

After last year’s event, we were solicited by a couple of the heavyweights in the hobby to include Fine Scale Modeler Magazine as well as IPMS USA themselves to “get in on the partyâ€. After a couple of years track history behind us, they definitely see the value added in helping sponsor an event of this sort and I’m ecstatic that they have chosen to get involved! I welcome them on board with open arms as well as any of the “new guys†that are vending at the Nats this year.

This event has always been and always will be a “grass roots†type of event by us smaller guys in the industry. We definitely don’t have huge marketing and advertising budgets that we throw against the wall every year and this is why I wanted to find some way to thank the modeling consumer for the loyalty they show us aftermarket companies throughout the year. This is definitely the most bang for the buck you’re ever going to get if you’re trying to reach your potential or current customer to tell ‘em “thanks†for their patronage.

We’re typically shooting for about $2000.00 total to pull off this event and there is no minimum or maximum level of involvement that is required to be a part of this. I like to keep this pretty simple and keep the egos out of it. Everyone gets equal billing when we promote this event regardless of the contribution size. Anything you can spare is greatly appreciated.

Some info. If you will.

The hotel is the entity that always has to host the event. This is to absolve us of any culpability or liability that comes with serving alcohol. What comes along with that is a pretty hefty charge for keg beer. Hotels typically charge about $500.00 per keg. Last year, we went through three kegs.

The beer selected is always a local microbrew to give folks that travel in a little “local flavorâ€. The beer is free to everyone and wine and spirits are served also at the cash bar.

Finger foods will be served but the quantity and quality are all dependent upon how much cash we can rustle up from you! Last year was chicken wings and chocolate covered strawberries. Didn’t last long……

I think it would be great this year to again, band together and collectively do something for all of our customers that have been great to us this year! If you would like to commit to a donation all it takes is an E-mail to me with your donation size and your company logo for use on the banner and possible T-shirt for this event. If there any questions, by all means contact me and I’ll answer the best I can.

I have to put a deadline for contribution commitments on this event in order to get the banner made, t-shirts printed, and reserve what we need from the hotel. I will need commitments from you folks by 8 July in order to get everything lined up to pull this off.

Thanks again for your time and I hope you decide to help in our endeavor.

You guys have non-beer-binge drinking events planned for your younger fans right? Just checkin....:blink:

I think the Twobobs event might be open to you if you don't try to drink the alcohol. It is held in an open public area and not in a room or bar etc.....so it probably won't be too hard for you to join in and drink a soda and chat with us.

Steve Bamford

I think the Twobobs event might be open to you if you don't try to drink the alcohol. It is held in an open public area and not in a room or bar etc.....so it probably won't be too hard for you to join in and drink a soda and chat with us.

Steve Bamford

dont you mean chat with the drunken us?