With the 5 kits on my bench at the moment, I felt like doing something different to fill in the time waiting for glue/paint to dry.

This on-going project started with me created a new set of textures (BMP's in this case) for an existing 3D Max Tomcat, in a "What if the Blues had chosen the Tomcat over the Hornet".

Heres last years results.

f14ablueangels15.jpg

f14ablueangels14.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Just before Christmas I bought an add-on for the 3D Max package called Dreamscape, finally got around to playing around with a bit more.

The package creates a Sky environment that you can add layers of clouds to, and the ability to add your own terrain.

My first attempts at generating Terrain look more like a Desert landscape than the shots you see in the movie Top Gun

f14ablueangels11.jpg

f14ablueangels12.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

So I skipped on my own Terrain for the moment and used one of the examples supplied with the add-on.

This is supposed to be Mount Rainer in WA.

f14ablueangels10.jpg

Looked a bit bright so I lowered the Sun a bit (Oh the power ;) )

f14ablueangels9.jpg

f14ablueangels8.jpg

Next I shall be playing with the clouds to try and create an "Up in the Clouds" shot you see posted in the Real Aviation, when jets are being Tankered.

Edited by Andy Mullen

Looks great...one note though--where's the GIB/RIO? I've always been under the impression that F-14s HAVE to be flown 2-up, as the GIB is responsible for some engine startup tasks, unlike the family models of F-15/16/18s...

Curtis

Looks great...one note though--where's the GIB/RIO? I've always been under the impression that F-14s HAVE to be flown 2-up, as the GIB is responsible for some engine startup tasks, unlike the family models of F-15/16/18s...

Curtis

Ah but in my world, the Cat would have been sorted so it would be possible to fly with the pilot only. B)

Anyways Adm Butch Voris has now picked up his newest RIO from Hawaii...

f14ablueangels2.jpg

and a close up... :(

f14ablueangels.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen