Masa Narita does it again...

Yes, he did it again! That model looks awesome! ;)

Just too bad I've got no idea what he is doing on several steps.

Babelfish keeps returning "(Double clicking here with the mouse, please input composition.)"

I have to try his pre-shading technique.

Yes, he did it again! That model looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Just too bad I've got no idea what he is doing on several steps.

Babelfish keeps returning "(Double clicking here with the mouse, please input composition.)"

I have to try his pre-shading technique.

:rofl:

He hasnt put anything in yet, if you notice, it says the same thing next to each picture.

:D

John whats the source for all your photos?

the VFA-102 Tanking shots i thought were from the VFA-102 50TH Anni DVD but you posted ones i never saw before....care to enlighten us? :thumbsup:

Recieved a cd from a friend with a couple hundred shots, plus some vids.

cheers John.

yes i have to admit, it does look like two "kids" are flying the F-18 :blink:

(Not a bad effect though :D)

I heard a rumor that stature-challenged Tom Cruise had to sit on phone books when the in-cockpit scenes were shot. Maybe this is the lead-in for Topgun 2!!!!!! :lol:

At the risk of being run out on a rail, I'm going to have to disagree slightly about the weathering. Artistically it is very eye catching, but compare it to the picture of the real thing and you'll see that some of the weathering, especially the panel line areas, aren't very realistic. I know, I know, it goes back to the same old argument that modeling IS a form of art, but I've always had the feeling that if one doesn't do the Verlinden style weathering, than it must be "wrong". I don't know why preshading the panel lines black is all the rage, but most Navy planes have lighter colored panel lines from corrosion control efforts. Preshading makes the lines darker than the surrounding panels. I will never be convinced that this method is the best way to reproduce a reastic finish. Artistic, yes. Realistic, no. The same thing can be accomplished through varying the base colors. The fluid streaking looks great, though. This is not meant to take away from the build by means. It's simply my thoughts about a subject I'm still striving to perfect. Everyone oohs and aahs, but no one ever critiques it (notice I didn't say criticize!). Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now!

Edited by Darren Roberts
Made me take a stop at Luckymodel.com and order some Mr. Color paints. I gotta try his weathering technique with laquer and oil.

Masa uses lacquer to paint the model and enamel for his washes : Masa's wash technique (in English)

I prefer oils over Future myself. The pigment in the oils seems finer, less grainy, and the finish reflects this.

Regardless of what he uses, the man is a talented artist! :thumbsup:

:cheers: