? about aftermarket cockpit for 1/48 Airfix Jaguar

Title and description should say it all. I stumbled upon the company "Heritage Avaiation" while looking for aftermarket items for the Jag.

Anyone heard of them, seen the pit, care to comment about fit, etc? Even better, how does it compare to the Neomega pit?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Can't say anything about the Jag 'pits in particular but from what I've seen of both manufacturers products I'd go for the Neomega one. Everything I've tried of theirs is crisply detailed whereas Heritage stuff is more basic.

Another vote for NeOmega! Bought their Tornado pit a while ago and it was amazing how well it went into the kit. Same goes for the SU-27 pit I got. VERY crisp details, too, as the other guys mentioned before.

István

Thanks guys, but the quality of Neomega product was never really put into doubt. I just can't seem to get a hold of it. I placed an order with Neomega direct, but have not heard anything from them in almost a month. Credit card has not been charged, but I'm concerned that an order was placed, credit card info given online, but nothing since then.

I have asked Linden Hill for an update on pricing and availability of the Neomega bits I want, so I'll just wait to hear back.

In the meantime, I was hoping to hear from folks who used the Heritage Jag cockpit set.

Edited by smithery

I got the Heritage Aviation cockpit for my Airfix GR.3 when I couldn't find the Neomega pit anywhere. It's ooookaaaaaay, and is an improvement on the kit, but is slightly soft in detail. Definately go Neomega if you can (I found one eventually and used it.....).

NAJ

P.S. Just went and checked my 'stash' - I have a spare Neomega Cockpit for the Airfix 1/48 Jaguar GR.1, which I'll gladly send you free of charge (I've finished my Jag). PM me with an address if you're interested.

I can't comment on the Jaguar set, but I've got the 1/24 Harrier FRS1 cockpit conversion from Heritage.

It's quite basic, lots of flash, and as far as I can tell, the controls moulded on to the tub are not really very accurate. The seat also does not represent the seat for the FRS1 very accuratly.

In the end I've elected to use part of the Heritage set and (tub, instument pannel and combing) and have scratch built the ejection seat, using the Airfix seat as a starting point.

I also have their resin TSR-2 kit. This looks great in the box, but as yet I have not built it so I can't comment on that.

Karl

Thanks guys for the feedback.

NAJ, thanks a ton for the offer, but I just finished placing an order with Linden Hill. Oh well, should have read your post before sending my credit card info. Doh!

Bugfan,

given that smithery has ordered his, my spare one is yours. No need to worry about payment - it'll never get used by me anyway. Just PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post to you (I'm in Europe so be pateient!)

Rgds

NAJ

Nuts.

Just a couple of hours too late in responding. I guess its off to Linden Hill again to order the cockpit. BTW, I can't say enough about their service. I had a totally pain free transaction when I ordered my cockpit and replace nose for my Su-27.

Definitely good to hear the Jag pit is excellent. Does anyone have any comments on using PE to enhance the original Airfix 'pit?

Cheers,

VF-x