How to paint the CE 1:32 A-10A cockpit tub???????

Help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope.

I am thinking of getting this cockpit for my DS bird. I hear it fits the Trump kit very well. My question is this, from what I can see the tub is already formed with the side walls on. Now, I will grant you, that probably makes it easier to place in the fuselage, but you guys who have used this set have got to tell me your secret for painting the side consoles and what not.

Pretty please. $32.00 is a lot of money to screw up a cockpit so I need your help.

Many thanks. :thumbsup:

You can screw up a paint job but you can always use a paint stripper like Pollyscale's Easy-Lift-Off or even Strip-A-Kit to remove the paint just in case. Stuff works really well. Just follow instructions and use gloves and eye-protection.

There's no secret in painting cockpits. I usually airbrush the cockpit color first then mask off what gets painted next, like aircraft interior black (with varying shades) to paint the instrument panels/consoles. If I don't like the paint job, I strip it and repeat. By the way, I use Model Master paint enamels exclusively.

I always use a needle to paint cockpit details after drybrushing.

In this case it will be hard to drybrush. Nonetheless you can try to mask the side consoles then drybrush boldly. Drybrushing may seem an easy technique but it really takes patience to get good results. Make the brush really dry before you brush away. Repeat it a few times.

After that you probably still need a needle. Bend the tip at a nice angle and paint it in slowly.