Tornado Intakes

Just a quick question: that little "fin" (bottom, front) is only in the left intake on German Tornados, is it the same on British ones? My friend who is a former German Navy Line Chief told me they had problems with the airflow on the left side (JUST on the left side) and this was added to compensate some irregularities.

István

Edited by I.Illes

Contrary to popular belief the Tornado intakes and undercarriage legs/bays are NOT white, but a very light glossy gray. I agree that from a short distance they appear to be white, but they ain't.

The fin inside the intake IS installed in the port intake on British Tornado's.

I used to work on Tornado's and got close up and personal with these area's.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by plasticmad
  • 2 weeks later...

Ten zillions of Tornado photos in internet and just one shot of its intake interior... :o

I have a question: I am working on Revell 1/32 Tornado and I am thinking in three possibilities about the air intake:

1) Leave the way it is and hope nobody will look inside (it will be so dark that nobody will see nothing?)

2) Intake covers... it sucks... I don´t like this possibility

3) Make the air duct... when I can barelly finish a kit... :worship:

In AFT section of air intake I see there is a horizontal plate... it has some similar function to MiG-29 air intake covers used during take off for debris protection? :lol:

Best regards!

Contrary to popular belief the Tornado intakes and undercarriage legs/bays are NOT white, but a very light glossy gray. I agree that from a short distance they appear to be white, but they ain't.

The fin inside the intake IS installed in the port intake on British Tornado's.

I used to work on Tornado's and got close up and personal with these area's.

Cheers

Andy

Dont forget the scuff marks on the paint from having to crawl down & inspect the blades!!!

One question.....

Is there any "one-stop-viewing" site of Tornado ? History, units, walkaround, great photos, etc in one site ?

TIA

Here´s a Walkaround I did when I visited a firend of mine at german NAS Eggebek , Home of former MFG2. (disbanded in 2005):

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?...c=41960&hl=MFG2

I have a lot more, just drope me a PM.

István