There have been rumors of a return of 1/48th resin star wars kits. I think the SMT masters are in anothers hands now.

If that is indeed true, let's all make a pact that when they come out, we'll keep it nice a quiet so Lucas and his lawyers don't shut it down again. :crying:

Randy

Well, I know that the first version Y-Wing masters are in the hands of another well respected resin producer. But I won't say who since he doesn't want to say anything about it until he decides for sure whether he plans to produce kits from it or not. Apparently, the master needs a little more tweeking before it can be used to produce kits anyway for accuracy purposes.

As for the more recent SMT offerings, ownership of those masters will depend on who is getting them after SMT is finally gone. If they revert back to Alfred Wong, then indeed we could see them pop up in another company's line. If they don't, then who knows for sure.

As such, expect the prices for these kits to stay in the stratospheric range for the forseeable future, given their popularity and scarcity in styrene.