All 1/48 and all Canadian

118104 Iroquois 1980 SAR..Italeri

135131 Twin Huey 1982 ...Italeri with some brass that come free with the kit :o

146499 Griffen 2000....Italeri Twin Heuy that came with a free Belcher bits conversion. <_<

136204 Kiowa retirement scheme....Heller

136238 Kiowa 1987 .....Italeri

139306 Jet Ranger 1987....Fujimi

12438 Sea King 1976....Hasegawa with Belcher bits conversion stolen from a wrecked Sea King

12438 Sea King 1991....Hasegawa with many new Belcher Bits conversions :blink:

And if it is released in time a 1/48 SAR Lab. 2005

Edited by phantom

Dear all, sounds good!

I have really got into my first GB over in F-15 land and am looking forward to this one.

I`m going to have a crack at a 72nd scale Super Frelon by Mach 2 with oldskool Israeli camo.

Happy times :D

Cheers, Ian

Count me in with one Afghan Mi-8/17 Hip one Afghan Mi-24 Hind, both Trumpeter 1/35th scale.

I will decide which aircraft to model when I have seen the kits and have had time to compare them to my photos. :worship:

Regards,

Alrighty, after much self debate, I will build a 1/35 MRC UH-1C Huey Gunship in HA(L)-3 Seawolves markings from Fireball Models. The kit will be built pretty much OOB, with some improvements where needed (I'd love to add a pintle-mounted .50 cal in one of the doors).

My fallback entry will be a 1/48th Hasegawa AH-64 Apache, colors and country TBD.

Oh, I will compile a master list with everyone's entry(s) at the top of this thread once the majority of the entries are posted.

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore

Sign me up for two 1/32nd scale AH-1Gs. I'll be using Cobra Company interiors and armament. Fireball tailrotor and strella conversion, as well as, the decals from them. Eduard photo etch will be added as well where needed.

Anybody vacuformed the canopy? I need two.

Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

The title "Distinguished List" threw me for a minute, I'm not usually distinguished by good things ....

Anyway, I have two candidates both with lots of photos taken at the Trans Museum at Ft Eustis.

Fonderie 1/48 H-21

Revell/Italeri 1/72 CH-54

There is no aftermarket for either, so whatever I add will be scratchbuilt.

The CH-21 looks to need some detail in the cockpit area and I always wonder about the engine set-up ...

I have this (really spacey) vision of doing the CH-54 cable-by-cable, line-by-line, etc-by-etc, but that may be a bit much ...

So, I'll go with the H-21, perhaps kicked up a notch in the cockpit.

I'd like to find some references, pictures, etc of the internals of the engine compartment, just in case I get over-achievey ... I'd also like some good pix of the USAF arctic-rescue birds for markings -- what would be the interior color scheme ?? ...

Probably will not start a build thread for a week or so - have to get some Matchbox Madness work done first ... Looking forward to this -- I haven't built a helicopter since Huey's in the '60's ... I picked the H-21 mostly because it is odd looking ...

Thanks in advance for any help/advice ...

John

Edited by jRatz

I'm going out on a limb, having opened my big mouth, and taking a stab at the Britavia 1/72nd scale Westland Dragonfly (a modified Sikorsky R-5/HO3-S) vac-form kit. The main rotors will be sourced from an Aerodrom injected kit, but all the other small bits are provided in white metal by Britavia. :D

Edited by RotorheadTX

Sounds good Tony!

Okay, mine will be a hypothetical subject.

Modeler: Zac Yates

Subject: MD500 Defender, RNZAF, 1986.

Kit: Italeri/Tamiya 1:72 AH-6 Night Fox. Decals from the Matchbox Strikemaster. Can't wait to get her started!

I'll play too, just can't figure out what I want to build. I have a 1/72 UH-1F (worked on those), a 1/48 Heller UH-1N (flew on those) and a couple 1/72 OH/AH-6s. If I can find a Monogram AH-1S I might build one of those. Can't decide.

Chris

I have just built 3 helicopters on the trot and was looking for a change....but I can't resist joining in.

Here goes with a 1/72 Airfix Naval Lynx in Brazilian markings and a 1/72 Novo Lynx, possibly finished as one of the early UK prototypes (if I can bring myself to spray a model salmon pink :cheers: )

cheers

Grant