I finally got around to putting on the finishing touches so I can start on my DDay builds.

Thanks to CrazyDon, Jens and Doc for putting this GB together, and the rest of you for the kind words along the way.

Not the best pictures in the world, but here you go.

Cheers,

Matt

DW-O

DWO-1.jpg

DWO-2.jpg

DWO-3.jpg

DW-K

DWK-1.jpg

DWK-2.jpg

DWK-3.jpg

DW-D

DWD-2.jpg

DWD-1.jpg

DWD-3.jpg

And finally, with a touch of photoshop to remove the stands,

A flight of 610 Sqdn Spitfires in colour,

DWOK-Colour.jpg

Matt - really fantastic builds! The wear and weathering look really on point, and the shot of the flight of three is wonderful! I'd really love to see you take that flight of three and photoshop in a cloud background like in your original photo as well, make it really look like the original. great job!

Thanks Jay,

I thought about adding a cloudy background, but my PS skills are minimal. I don't have great success selecting and moving the forefround to a new background. So I liberated a rumpled blue bedsheet for my shooting background and left it at that.

Here's the BW version

DWOK-BW.jpg

Cheers,

Matt

Matt

Those Spit's look terrific. Great job.

If you fancy taking a photo against a plain sheet of paper/card I'll have

a play and add some clouds.

Pete

Thanks for the offer Pete, but it took over an hour just to set up that shot and tweak the 3 ships into the right place. Its still not perfect, but it was as close as I was going to get it. Once I get a proper studio setup in the basement with decent lighting, a tripod and a proper background I might do it over, but for now this will do for me.

Cheers,

Matt

They came out looking great. Really nice job on the paint and weathering. You've also added something that I've seen in quite a few pictures but rarely on models, that being the oil staining down the belly. Apparently those engines really spit some oil and the undersurfaces often got really dirty.

Edited by David Walker