My F-15A Entry 102nd FIW - JSB

Ok Ken and fellow F-15 builders,

Common to the 1/48 kits is the forward fuselage (nose section with nose wheel and cockpit) separated from the rear fuselage, only to be joined later in construction after the intakes are mounted to the rear fuselage. This often results in a nasty gap between the two, how do you all get in there and fill/sand this seam? I've trashed at least 4 kits I can remember off-hand in which I could not fix this seam because of inaccessability, if in fact that is a word.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Ok Ken and fellow F-15 builders,

Common to the 1/48 kits is the forward fuselage (nose section with nose wheel and cockpit) separated from the rear fuselage, only to be joined later in construction after the intakes are mounted to the rear fuselage. This often results in a nasty gap between the two, how do you all get in there and fill/sand this seam? I've trashed at least 4 kits I can remember off-hand in which I could not fix this seam because of inaccessability, if in fact that is a word.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Aaron, depending how large of a gap it is, I sometimes use thin strips of styrene and slide them in there. The liquid glue melts them and they sink in. The seam is hard to get with the intakes there, and I have not really gotten one 100% perfect on any ones I have done. Test and dry fitting is key before you mount the intakes