Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

11,368 posts in this topic

Want!

See?! SEEE?!! It's a gold mine. We don't bother to advertise. We just indicate that we have tactical products, and we'll take (enormous amounts of) money in exchange for them.

Tactical fruit candies.

Tactical Thesaurus.

Tactical subscription to Marie Claire magazine.

Dudes'll come running, and the COV will "turn a corner," from "fiscal challenges" to "financial robustness."

Edited by Fishwelding

Dudes'll come running, and the COV will "turn a corner," from "fiscal challenges" to "financial robustness."

Make the COV great again!

In other Ebay related news, it appears they've elected to get tough on deadbeats. I hadn't received an F9F-5 kit I won, so I sent the seller what was supposed to be a friendly message, just asking about the kit through Ebay's messaging system. Well, I hadn't used that system in a very long time. Somehow my message got routed into "Conflict Resolution," and it appears Ebay added some sort of harsh language or terms to my message. He responded with pleas that he honestly forgot to mail it (which I believe. The guy's got a stellar rating), and that it would go out right away. Honestly, I didn't mean to send thugs to shake the guy down. I figure he's a good egg.

What happened to the days when, even if you got truly cheated, Ebay just replied with a contemptible smirk, and sneered patronizingly "Yea, we'll get right on that."

Not sure if this would work against the mildewed one, and getting a supply of cheeseballs in Rapa Nui could be problematic, but this might be worth a try:

Edited by The Rat

1) Needs rifling

2) Probably should investigate because the Mk84 Tastykake Kick Starter is a non-starter. I should have snatched the 47ยข CDN when I had the chance.

Ever have one of those moments where you leave town for a few years, and then come back and are surprised to see the same places open and the same crowd there?

That's how this thread feels.

The COV strives to make it's members feel to be part of a community. Would you like to buy some raffle tickets? The money is going into the Mk84 Tastykake fund. Winner gets an all-expense paid bus trip to Newark, New Jersey. Put you down for ten?

Edited by Slartibartfast

Any truth to the rumor that 2nd prize is two tickets to Newark?

Any truth to the rumor that 2nd prize is two tickets to Newark?

:OMG-OMG:

No rumor. We were going to make the announcement tomorrow.

Here is your chance to join the millions of people...thousands of people...hundreds? Tens? Anyway, help us eradicate a scourge of right-thinking people by buying raffle tickets. The money goes towards the purchase of a Mk84 "Tastykake" which will be "airmailed" to the false deity of stone. Ticket prices are one for $1 USD or ten for $12 USD.

• The lucky first-place winner will receive ONE non-refundable one-way bus ticket to Newark, New Jersey. If you like the amenities on Southwest Airlines you'll love the amenities on the bus. Newark offers an international airport allowing you to book a trip to such wonderful travel destinations such as Oakland, California and Havana, Cuba.
  • The second-place winner will receive TWO non-refundable one-way bus tickets to Newark, New Jersey. He/she and their companion can keep the first prize winner company on the trip. All the benefits of Newark are available to them as well.
  • Third-place winner receives 47 cents Canadian. To up the value a bit, the 47 cents will be presented in the Coalition of Violence petty cash box adorned with a Hooker Headers sticker.

As well as being non-refundable, the bus tickets are neither transferable nor can the date of travel be changed. Newark, New Jersey disavows any affiliation with the CoV and its associates.

I was gonna suggest that people buy raffle tickets in the name of "Moai Vincent" but decided that Newark hadn't really done anything to deserve such a fate.......

Can someone buy 9 at $1.00 each and then a single for another buck?

Signed

"A modeler looking for a deal"

Throw in a bottle of Pisco and I might buy a few...

moai04.jpg

Damm.. I come back after all this time and Moai Vinnie is still haunting this place... dafuq happened??

Harald

Damm.. I come back after all this time and Moai Vinnie is still haunting this place... dafuq happened??

Harald

Everything. And nothing. It has always been thus.

Everything. And nothing. It has always been thus.

Ah yes... the equilibrium of the universe thus....

Moai Vincent, we have sent Lwaxana Troi your way. That is all.

10 years, 564 pages of this thing, and still no clue what this thread is all about, why it's interesting, is it supposed to be funny or silly etc.

Have been wanting to say this for a few years, but waited to see if I could figure it out. Nope, still clueless. There I said it...

There are things in this universe that defy all attempts to classify, explain, or justify them. The great mysteries of our time which plague the sleepless minds of philosophers, scientists, and drunkards have always existed. As science advances, it discovers more things it is unable to explain than it has ever explained in the history of documented experimentation.

The Moai Vincent thread is one of these: a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, displayed as an indecipherable puzzle for archaeologists and linguists of the follow-on ages. Like the sands of time, or nipples on a male cat, it simply exists. There is no explanation.

I see. So you're saying the vagabond euphemism is nothing but a recurrent reverberation, for the one who laments is the one responsible for its morphophonology? I beg to differ; it is its phenomenological silhouette that does that. Well, that and liposuction.