Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

11,337 posts in this topic

I'll tell you another thing that's overrated:  Boba Fett.  He got a lucky break in Empire, and then had an entire backstory written in comic books and tabletop gaming manuals to try to make him seem awesome.  

Well now the party's over, chumps.  Disney, in their typically Stalinist fashion, is now telling you that none of that "expanded universe" of your cherished (nerdy, introverted) childhood is "canon" anymore.  That's right.  A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, none of it ever $&*#ing happened.  It was all just rumors and innuendo.  If I can no longer consider X-Wing comics or Tim Zahn's novels canon, then you have to give up all the over-the-top garbage penned about Fett.  

Merry Christmas everyone!  

THE  MOAI WISHES ALL HIS PEOPLE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

THIS INCLUDES BOBBA FETT, WHO IS STILL BEING DIGESTED BY THE SARLACC.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

On 24/12/2016 at 7:56 AM, Fishwelding said:

I'll tell you another thing that's overrated:  Boba Fett.  He got a lucky break in Empire, and then had an entire backstory written in comic books and tabletop gaming manuals to try to make him seem awesome.

I've heard that his backstory actually started in the infamous Star Wars Christmas Special. But if you think I'm going to sit through that just to confirm or deny, I have a bridge to sell you. Maybe two.

16 hours ago, Moai Vincent said:

Think I can remember when you would have said 'peeps'. You just ain't hip no more.

On 12/25/2016 at 8:16 AM, Moai Vincent said:

THIS INCLUDES BOBBA FETT, WHO IS STILL BEING DIGESTED BY THE SARLACC.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

Bobba Fett actually survived the sarlacc, he flew out using his jet pack.

Boba Fett HAD to die in the Sarlaac. If he ever escaped, he'd never live down the shame of being taken out by a blind Solo. He'd wind up taking lower and lower paying bounties, he'd start drinking heavily, and start putting on weight and slowing down. He'd be called "Fat Boba" behind his back. Every plowboy would try to pull gun on him, and one day, one would get lucky. It would be shameful for him to end like that...the Sarlaac is a better ending.

Alvis 3.1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:16 AM, The Rat said:

Think I can remember when you would have said 'peeps'. You just ain't hip no more.

GROOVY BRAH!

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

I'm trying to decide if I'm an uncultured barbaric simpleton or an adaptable, grateful non-complainer because I don't have strong opinions on pizza quality.  Trying to order pizza with friends, family, and coworkers can be an ordeal when many in the crowd insist that a variety of pizza places are unacceptable.  The crust is not good, they say, or the pizza is cooked wrong, or this one time in the past they had a bad experience, or they prefer some specialty pizza otherwise unavailable at most other places, and so on.  Because of such demanding standards we're left with ordering from some place far away, that doesn't deliver, and still manages to not have the pizza finished after I've hacked and chopped my way through traffic to get there to pick it up.  

I'm not saying I have no opinion.  I prefer local places to national chains, and will draw the line at gas station or snack bar slices.  But I'm always the most flexible in the group when we're trying to decide where to order from, and...does it have to be this difficult?  Pizza is hardly fine dining.  If you're that meticulous about your food, put some going-out clothes on and go to a proper sit-down, cloth-napkin restaurant rather than order something that comes to you in cardboard, and is made by poorly-paid teenagers.  

Edited by Fishwelding

Yeah Moai, put that in your pipe and smoke it!  Adaptable? I think not. You haven't changed in a several hundred years. Probably won't eat pizza.  Unless it's a cheesy steak pizza?