ARC Discussion Forums
Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, The Rat said:

Then I shall ask again: Does the CoV have anyone near the antipodal point? 

Moai+feet.bmp

WE DO HAVE MOAI AT THE LAGRANGIAN POINT.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, PhantomPhreakII said:

Oh sweet Buddha....

Moai has his own Facebook page..

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS NOT YOUR MOAI'S PAGE.

IT MUST BE A CADET BRANCH OF THE FAMILY.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

Well.. it looks very much like you...

Then again, you all look alike..

Harald has spoken!

We were trying to mobilize the CoV for a Thanksgiving Offensive, but it rained, and nobody wanted to get wet.  And then we ate some turkey, got sleepy, and decided we needed to make a bunch of important phone calls, to do important things for the CoV.  Just the most important things.  But the offensive was going to be huge, just the best offensive.  It was going to be a big, beautiful offensive.  I can tell you that.

We're now looking into the possibility of building a wall around Rapa Nui to keep the Moai in.  Better to stop them there, than have to fight them here.  So we're going to build a wall.  And we're going to make the Moai pay for it!

I'm told this is a highly successful strategy.  We're going to make the CoV great again!

I was thinking about cheering but then they started showing this slo-mo TD replay and......

Edited by RCAFFAN

On 11/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, Waco said:

...and decided we needed to make a bunch of important phone calls, to do important things for the CoV.  Just the most important things.  But the offensive was going to be huge, just the best offensive.  It was going to be a big, beautiful offensive.  I can tell you that.

We're now looking into the possibility of building a wall around Rapa Nui to keep the Moai in.  Better to stop them there, than have to fight them here....

So what I'm reading is that our telethon wasn't successful in raising money for the offensive, and similar to various twentieth century regimes, we thought we'd solve our problems with concrete, rebar, xenophobia, barbed wire, and tank traps.  Should we add military parades and political rallies that have nothing to do with elections?

Decades later, model builders will mistakenly believe our staged propaganda footage of not-very-realistic training exercises with factory-new equipment actually represents what our military forces looked like in the field.

"Those who don't study the past are doomed to repeat it."

We are a stale repeat of what has happened before.  Let's end this cycle of ignorance.  Nuke the Moai from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

You gentlemen have it all wrong. Moai Vincent has a right to be here. In case you're wondering, its called being inclusive in our culture. Speaking of which, the Moai culture demands their inclusion in our society. We no longer have the option of opinions or respect for our own culture. I end in saying we are all Moai Vincent's B*tches and we need to respect him for it.

So because all of Revell is now Revell of Germany, should we stop saying "...of Germany?"  

Edited by Fishwelding

All members of the CoV are reminded that, when there is any sort of approaching possible or verified danger, they are encouraged to shout "We've got COMPANY!"  Because it seems that this is a relentlessly successful script addition to action movies.  The line has been around at least since the 1990s, and yet scriptwriters assume it'll never go out of style.  

Also encouraged:

• if there isn't time to articulate all of "we've got COMPANY!" shout "INCOMING!" instead. 
  • if somehow circumstances are suddenly becoming or likely to become dangerous generally, and you are on some form of remote communication to someone who is not on scene, say "We've got a situation here." 

These, too, seem to never grow old for action-movie-going audiences, despite having been around for decades.  

It's gotten quiet in here.....too quiet

Remember, if you're cold, they're cold.  Bring them inside.

Once they're inside, you can then say, "we've got company." 

Seriously, regarding the failed CoV fundraising telethon?  I'm afraid we've got a situation here. 

We’re thinking of starting a CoV coupon club to raise some funds.

Got some empty bottles/cans in garage that you could return for the deposit........

On 12/6/2018 at 6:09 PM, Waco said:

We’re thinking of starting a CoV coupon club to raise some funds.

Listen, if this involves snipping coupons out of newspapers, I don't think it's a great idea to let most of the CoV use scissors.  

And besides, are there still newspapers?  

Edited by Fishwelding

I've been away for such a long time, I can't remember when I was last on ARC, and yet this post endures. Excellent. 😂😂

Cheers,

Alby

WOT???? AMK is still doing their F-14D??

How will it be an improvement over the excellent Tamiya kit?

Oh and what does our resident MOAI have to say on this subject...

2 hours ago, Albert Moore said:

I've been away for such a long time, I can't remember when I was last on ARC, and yet this post endures. Excellent. 😂😂

Cheers,

Alby

What, did you wander off to Facebook?  You realize Facebook will gradually turn you into a raving, incomprehensible lunatic who is liable to believe all sorts of silly things, right?  

Here in this thread, you'll become a raving, incomprehensible lunatic who is liable to believe all sorts of silly things almost immediately.  Now that's value.  😊

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I just laugh and laugh at those who think the AMK Tomcat thread can become the longest thread on ARC.  Little do they know...

I think this thread has already passed the service life of real production aircraft.  F3H Demon?  F11F Tiger, maybe?  

Our goal is to outlive the C-130.  

20 hours ago, Albert Moore said:

Cheers,

Alby

WELCOME BACK.

YOU MAY BRING US AN UMBRELLA DRINK AS AN OFFERING.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

16 hours ago, Moai Vincent said:

WELCOME BACK.

YOU MAY BRING US AN UMBRELLA DRINK AS AN OFFERING.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

:rofl: