ARC Discussion Forums

Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

Anything harder than Karen Carpenter curdles the milk.

John Denver, on compact disc?

I'm really depressed, I'm really downtrodden. Seriously, I'm downtrodden squared. ;)

Edited by Trigger

I'm really depressed, I'm really downtrodden. Seriously, I'm downtrodden squared.

The whole world is doomed. We're all gonna die. 25,672 people die every single minute.

Seventeen hundred and fifty people just died.

The whole world is doomed. We're all gonna die. 25,672 people die every single minute.

1750 ? Where does this take place?

" We're doomed.we're doomed Capain Mannering!"..~ Fraser .~ ( ~Dads Army.)

sic: read with a Scottish accent. :thumbsup:

Possibly. Although there could be a Rocky Mountain High, the ramifications of which we are unsure of.

We tried Melissa Ethridge, but the cows had a sudden loss of interest in the bull....

We tried Melissa Ethridge, but the cows had a sudden loss of interest in the bull....

I suppose attempts to use the smooth, hip-hop grooves of Milli Vanilli could result in the FDA revoking your right to advertise 100% Real Dairy Products.

1750 ? Where does this take place?

Cancer, death, AIDS, inflation, taxes, Moai Vincent, Hell, Satan, cancer of the face, cancer of the colon, cancer of the wrist and John Denver on compact disc.

the smooth, hip-hop grooves of Milli Vanilli

I think they've already signed a contract to be the spokespersons for Soy Milk.

Honestly, I'd use two-way radios and issue them numbers.

"TK 421, Why aren't you at the gate?"

Or maybe callsigns:

"Cow 422, Ranch-six, over?"

"Go ahead, Ranch."

"Displace to grid-sector Four-Oh-Niner-Six. Be aware Hostile Sheep reported inbound, possibly battalion strength in that area. Search and Destroy, 422."

"Roger that, Ranch. Moving to Intercept."

"Roger that, Ranch. Moving to Intercept."

Shouldn't that be Moooooo-ving to intercept?

But for the record, I find Anakin's contribution to what passed for the dialog in the prequels his worst crime. The Hague called, they have an appointment with your name on it, kid.

Yea, it's difficult to watch. The embarrassment is visible on the other actors' faces, even in the final cut. That includes Jawas.

It's truly amazing, the depth of potential Star Wars presents for parody and satire.

Yea, it's difficult to watch. The embarrassment is visible on the other actors' faces, even in the final cut. That includes Jawas.

It's truly amazing, the depth of potential Star Wars presents for parody and satire.

Verily. Yet I wonder, since Shakespeare was consider prosaic in his time, a rather bawdry entertainment for the masses, then what is the potential that future generations may be forced to study Hayden Christensen's lines as classic monologue? "You are softer than sand, my lady" could become the overly bored substitute for "Life's but a walking shadow..."

Verily. Yet I wonder, since Shakespeare was consider prosaic in his time, a rather bawdry entertainment for the masses, then what is the potential that future generations may be forced to study Hayden Christensen's lines as classic monologue? "You are softer than sand, my lady" could become the overly bored substitute for "Life's but a walking shadow..."

Yea. I've heard the Star Wars series compared to Homeric epic. All of the above possibilities chill me.

Worse, there will be the Star Wars equivalent of "rennaissance festivals," where geeks will dress up in costume with fake weapons and speak in weird dialects, and....Oh, right, we....have that now...

And in another 400,000 years, for perhaps a species not our own, the whole thing may have survived as holy scripture, and the basis for a religion. "And then the Spirit Kenobi said onto Luke, "You must go to the Degoba system..."

Of course, usually stuff gets mixed, matched, garbled, disassembled somewhat and reassembled somewhat with other scraps of ancient lore, over a long time. So the next line might be:

"..and there you will get three pepperoni pizzas and a two-liter of Pepsi for only $18.99!!"

Edited by Fishwelding

And in another 400,000 years, for perhaps a species not our own, the whole thing may have survived as holy scripture, and the basis for a religion. "And then the Spirit Kenobi said onto Luke, "You must go to the Degoba system..."

Of course, usually stuff gets mixed, matched, garbled, disassembled somewhat and reassembled somewhat with other scraps of ancient lore, over a long time. So the next line might be:

"..and there you will get three pepperoni pizzas and a two-liter of Pepsi for only $18.99!!"

Today we read from the holy scripture:

And Ben Konobi sayeth to the Noid "Hath we not yet avoided thee to feel the victory that witch we were so desurving."

Ken

Avoid_the_Noid_Coverart.png

Edited by icekj

Today we read from the holy scripture:

And Ben Konobi sayeth to the Noid "Hath we not yet avoided thee to feel the victory that witch we were so desurving."

Ken

Avoid_the_Noid_Coverart.png

Sooner or later, the noid was going to make it into the Moai Vincent thread.

Is there a problem that I proposed a science-fiction story about the future of a science fiction story? Is that allowed?

heh, you brought up pizza delivery.....

Ken

I suppose attempts to use the smooth, hip-hop grooves of Milli Vanilli could result in the FDA revoking your right to advertise 100% Real Dairy Products.

I thought they gave up singing for tennis?

Is there a problem that I proposed a science-fiction story about the future of a science fiction story? Is that allowed?

No worse than scripting a notional problem, solved by a notional asset, employing notional techniques, all in the name of exercising real-world leadership and planning.

No worse than scripting a notional problem, solved by a notional asset, employing notional techniques, all in the name of exercising real-world leadership and planning.

Hmm...sounds like you were caught between the anvil of poor weather precluding flying, and the hammer of some person or people flush with the euphoria of a newly discovered buzzword.

Theoretically, or rhetorically?