ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

Jon,

I certainly won't disagree that the 1911 is a better defensive weapon, but my 92F is an absolute tack driver, and a lot cheaper to shoot these days. If they ever told our department that we'd have to get rid of the .45s and go back to the 9mm, I'd have no qualms about carrying the 92F. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and buy a .22LR conversion set for my Colt, so I can shoot all day for pennies on the dollar.

Jon,

I certainly won't disagree that the 1911 is a better defensive weapon, but my 92F is an absolute tack driver, and a lot cheaper to shoot these days. If they ever told our department that we'd have to get rid of the .45s and go back to the 9mm, I'd have no qualms about carrying the 92F. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and buy a .22LR conversion set for my Colt, so I can shoot all day for pennies on the dollar.

I hear ya, and the brand new one I owned performed the same. Unfortunately, when I was shooting competition in the Army, we weren't allowed privately-owned weapons. The M-9 pistol is crap due to poor maintenance and magazines that should have left service years ago, but that's what we had to use. Pistols aren't supposed to rattle when you shoot them. Army guns have a nasty habit of doing so. The mag springs were laughable. Nothing like stovepiping rounds inside the magazine when you're trying to double-tap a target in the head, do a mag change and then put two rounds in the target's chest....

I do need to get a hold of an original WWI or WWII 1911. They're just cool and I've never had a problem with one!

Jon

Okay Steve and Jon, you may know your pistols, but can you answer the important question: How will they perform against Moais?!

The Moai are impervious to small arms fire of any type or caliber. They are, however, connoisseurs of the finer things in life such as cheesesteaks, cherry Slurpies, Tastykakes, and Liberace. In my estimation, they are largely misunderstood.

The Moai are impervious to small arms fire of any type or caliber. They are, however, connoisseurs of the finer things in life such as cheesesteaks, cherry Slurpies, Tastykakes, and Liberace. In my estimation, they are largely misunderstood.

I agree, however 30mm HEDP rounds have been known to be rather effective, just ask Moai Swiss Cheese.

I do need to get a hold of an original WWI or WWII 1911. They're just cool and I've never had a problem with one!

Jon

Those get pricey. I've thought about getting one of these but I have a Model 70 Series (Orgional) Colt and a Springfield

"Mil Spec" already

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=1

My Beretta 92FS ain't bad but if the world ever goes "Jericho" I either want my CZ-75B or one of my Browning High Powers as a sidearm....

Mmmmm... Tastykakes...

As an ex-Philly resident, I truly miss those bad boys. Have a nice plate of fried scrapple w/ extra ketchup and then knock back a few Tastykakes. That is good eatin'

Pistols won't make any impression on Moais directly, but they REALLY get the attention of the Moai supply corps. Anyone stumbled upon the Moai Chin Trail? What's the lookdown capability of an AIM-9 these days?

Edited by Slartibartfast

I hear ya, and the brand new one I owned performed the same. Unfortunately, when I was shooting competition in the Army, we weren't allowed privately-owned weapons. The M-9 pistol is crap due to poor maintenance and magazines that should have left service years ago, but that's what we had to use. Pistols aren't supposed to rattle when you shoot them. Army guns have a nasty habit of doing so. The mag springs were laughable. Nothing like stovepiping rounds inside the magazine when you're trying to double-tap a target in the head, do a mag change and then put two rounds in the target's chest....

Jon

I think I must have gotten that pistol after the Army was done with 'em, Jon. Most of the M9s I've carried would do more damage if I threw it at a target than if I stood my ground and tried to engage them. Last time I tapped into the Lance Corporal Hotline, there was talk that DoD was looking at a .45 replacement for the 9mm. I'll probably be retired before that ever goes into service, though.

I've got my late father-in-law's Llama .45 and S&W .357 for when the zombies come, but I need to look into a couple long guns...

Edited by LemonJello

I just checked my schedule, and I've got a thing. Can we re-schedule for the hour of longing?

THE MOAIS HAVE A TWISTER TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED FOR THAT TIME.

(Geek-chic if ever there was Geek-chic).

BEWARE OF GEEKS BEARING GIFTS.

ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE MADE BY STARFIX.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

Edited by Moai Vincent

THE MOAIS HAVE A TWISTER TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED FOR THAT TIME.

BEWARE OF GEEKS BEARING GIFTS.

ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE MADE BY STARFIX.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

I've been away for some time, but it seems like peace has been made with the Moais?

I think I must have gotten that pistol after the Army was done with 'em, Jon. Most of the M9s I've carried would do more damage if I threw it at a target than if I stood my ground and tried to engage them. Last time I tapped into the Lance Corporal Hotline, there was talk that DoD was looking at a .45 replacement for the 9mm. I'll probably be retired before that ever goes into service, though.

I've got my late father-in-law's Llama .45 and S&W .357 for when the zombies come, but I need to look into a couple long guns...

I've found that either my M-1 or M1903 are great for zombies at long range, but it is the M1 Carbine that's the real effective weapon against em. .30 caliber power, 30 round magazine, easily carried and compact. Its even better when you put the M1A1 folding stock on it. Bring it on zombies!

I've been away for some time, but it seems like peace has been made with the Moais?

More like the CoV has a somewhat challenged attention span.

Regards,

Murph

You shall find no appeasement here.

noappeasement.jpg

Any CoV members wanna plan a Coup d'état? Me thinks the CoV needs stronger leadership..

Edited by Rasczak

Any CoV members wanna plan a Coup d'état? Me thinks the CoV needs stronger leadership..

Okay, scouts, it's lesson time, so gather around, find a comfortable seat, and break into your brown-bag lunches. Today's lesson is entitled "Institutional Power."

We mustn't confuse means and ends. Right now, for the CoV, victory would be as disastrous as defeat, because the results would be the same. You see, the CoV needs to gather more momentum, not eliminate problems. The CoV is a gigantic, multi-bureaucracy institution with an ever-lengthening history, but it could be vulnerable to well-meaning but misguided individuals who might suggest that, without a mission, it has become unnecessary. It needs to survive and prosper. So long as there's a Moai to fight, this can happen. The current leadership realizes that. Hammers don't have to like nails, but they can't live in a world without 'em.

Edited by Fishwelding

Okay, scouts, it's lesson time, so gather around, find a comfortable seat, and break into your brown-bag lunches. Today's lesson is entitled "Institutional Power."

We mustn't confuse means and ends. Right now, for the CoV, victory would be as disastrous as defeat, because the results would be the same. You see, the CoV needs to gather more momentum, not eliminate problems. The CoV is a gigantic, multi-bureaucracy institution with an ever-lengthening history, but it could be vulnerable to well-meaning but misguided individuals who might suggest that, without a mission, it has become unnecessary. It needs to survive and prosper. So long as there's a Moai to fight, this can happen. The current leadership realizes that. Hammers don't have to like nails, but they can't live in a world without 'em.

Stop trying to rationalize. The current leadership just isn't bold enough. It's time to $hit or get off the pot!

Oh? What model pistol is that?

Psitol?

Where?

I don't see a pistol......

Harald

oh come on you knew this was coming.

You all left off Festivus. Now I'm offended.

So?

what you gonna do about it eh? :thumbsup:

Harald, still looking for his soul..... :cheers:

... associate Lela Taranga...

Who, incidentally, has a decent rack for a cartoon cyclops.