• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moai Vincent

• Trigger

• Fishwelding

• Waco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had to remind me, didn't ya? Headed north in just a couple hours.... oh joy.

If it's to fly, have a good time.

...and if it's to fly in a live-ordnance exercise, no, you may not attack Breezewood. I know, it's tempting, but if you do, like certain breeds of household mold, Breezewood will just come back stronger.

Edited by Fishwelding

In the past, honesty has forced me to concede that the '80s weren't a total loss. There was, after all, the conclusion of the Star Wars trilogy, Red Dawn, and Spies Like Us. Arguably it was the Heroic Age of Lego.

...and, as strange as it sounds, I think Breakdancing was a high art. The world is better for having had it.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion...."

Yea? Well, I once saw a guy's expensive phone run over by a city bus. No kidding. Dude was crossing at the crosswalk on 5th and Halkett, and it dropped out of his pocket. Probably scuffed the screen like a ***** when it hit the pavement, so he'd have been mad if he got it back anyway, but--anyway, he must have realized it was gone, because he turned around at the curb but then it was totally too late. The light went green and the bus's right front tire punched that thing's ticket.

Edited by Fishwelding

Internet security protocols are making the web useless. I'm being harassed by my employer's (current) web system to have all these "security question" answers. In some cases, I genuinely don't have an answer to this, or don't know the answer.

"What was your elementary school's principal's name?" Gosh, I honestly' don't remember!

"What was your childhood nickname?" I didn't have one! People called me by the same name that's part of my current username--because it's my first name!

Your first name is Welding?

He must be from Ambridge. In that part of the country they have different naming conventions. The town Ambridge is named after a company or rather division of U.S. Steel, Amercan Bridge. So to have a name Welding seems appropriate. I'll bet there were kids with the names Beam, Angle and Truss in that same school.

Mark

He must be from Ambridge. In that part of the country they have different naming conventions. The town Ambridge is named after a company or rather division of U.S. Steel, Amercan Bridge. So to have a name Welding seems appropriate. I'll bet there were kids with the names Beam, Angle and Truss in that same school.

Mark

Sounds plausible, But how do you weld a fish? :whistle:

Your first name is Welding?

I didn't earn my illustrious Nom de Plume until the Interwebz came along. And the Webbernetz didn't appear until my late teens--first year of college.

I mean, anyone with an older sibling had nicknames of sorts, but...not ones they willingly answered to, of course.

Mark

High tradition around the 'burgh. "Monessen" is from "Essen on the Mon," a reference to the German steelmaking town of Essen.

And--funny connection--United States Steel essentially founded Gary, Indiana, named for Chairman of the Board Elbert Gary. And my driver's ed instructor for some reason called me "Gary" for several sessions in the car. My fellow student and I had agreed to let it slide, because neither of us could find a polite way to correct the instructor. But then the other student inadvertently called me by my real first name. Awkwardity ensued, of course.

Edited by Fishwelding

Chili mix out of a can. Not so much good, actually.

Actually, pretty gross. It has a "middle school cafeteria" taste to it, just as if it came off one of those super-hard plastic trays. All I need is the fruit cup, pint-carton of milk, some re-warmed mash-potatoes (in ice-cream-scoop mold, of course), and a stale cookie to complete the ensemble.

Oh, my. My childhood was so pathetically suburban.

Edited by Fishwelding
Chili mix out of a can. Not so much good, actually.

Actually, pretty gross. It has a "middle school cafeteria" taste to it, just as if it came off one of those super-hard plastic trays. All I need is the fruit cup, pint-carton of milk, some re-warmed mash-potatoes (in ice-cream-scoop mold, of course), and a stale cookie to complete the ensemble.

Oh, my. My childhood was so pathetically suburban.

Look at the bright spot, "Winnie" Cooper turned out pretty well.

Regards,

Murph

Can't say that I've ever used chili mix out of a can when making chili ...

I'll continue to steer clear of it now though when thinking it may be a shortcut ...

Gregg

PS, those hard plastic lunch trays were usually made out of Melmac ...