ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Waco

A Warning to Moai Vincent

I have no problems with them having their pictures. My objections are to them disobeying the clearly stated rules. It's a World Heritage Site, and closely protected. You do not stray from the path or pick a blade of grass, and fines are hefty.

Several parties of visitors were up at about 3 am to go and watch the sunrise. The early birds get the best spot for position, and we were second, waiting on a cold morning.

A busload of teenage schoolchildren who had flown in with us from Santiago (where they were a right pain on the flight, taking selfies instead of stowing bags and taking their seats) pitched up late, then proceeded to stand in front of everyone, clowning around, jumping off rocks and generally disturbing the atmosphere. They were asked, politely, but firmly to move while others took their pictures. They did, then got their own, as we moved off to allow others a better pitch.

At the quarry, there you follow a set path. 2 girls took hundreds if photos of each other in one particular spot, where others were waiting for them to move on. Totally oblivious to anyone else to get the 'prefect' selfie. A lot of visitors couldn't get the photos of that artifact, as the girls just hogged it.

It's not about the location or the experience, it's all about them.

No, no, no....you have to say it LOUDER, and with more FEELING! 

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"  Shaking fist in the air with indignation is optional, but very effective.

HOW MANY LOWES WOULD A ROB LOWE ROB IF A ROB LOWE COULD ROB LOWES?

INQUIRING MOAI WANT TO KNOW.

If I don't shop at Lowes is this relevant as I should then avoid any conflict herein?

I have shopped at Lowes in the past and have no reason not to shop there in the future.  As for the Rob Lowe aspect, there is no question that Rob Lowe can indeed rob Lowes.  The real question is would Rob Lowe rob Lowes?  Would he stoop that low and potentially ruin further television/movie work in the U.S.?  He could rob a cradle, as it were, but not a Lowes.

Quite apart from the ethics of the thing are the practical problems.  If you plan an armed robbery of your average Lowe's store, and they don't happen to have much cash in the service desk register, you're really at pains to find something to take in a hurry.  You probably don't have time to wheel the getaway car around and load in something of any substantial street value, such as a gas grill, snow blower, deck furniture, bags of mulch, or road salt.  And even if that is your ill-considered plan, if your getaway car is a van or pickup truck, well, you're missing the point of "getaway car."  

So you are left with grabbing whatever's handy at the front end - LED flashlights, tape measures, candy, watch batteries, cheap pocket multi-tools, carabiners, miniature cans of WD-40, small bungee tie-downs, possibly a few drill or driver bit sets, maybe a five-gallon bucket to carry it all in, and, well, I suppose you could demand the employees give you their aprons.  As a felony, it just doesn't seem like a good investment.

Edited by Fishwelding

12 hours ago, Fishwelding said:

So you are left with grabbing whatever's handy at the front end - LED flashlights, tape measures, candy, watch batteries, cheap pocket multi-tools, carabiners, miniature cans of WD-40, small bungee tie-downs, possibly a few drill or driver bit sets, maybe a five-gallon bucket to carry it all in, and, well, I suppose you could demand the employees give you their aprons.  As a felony, it just doesn't seem like a good investment.

On the other hand, if the zombie apocalypse ever hits, that stuff will be worth its weight in gold.

Regards,

Murph

So... how many Lowes Would Rob Zombie Rob if Rob Zombie Could Rob Lowes? Is that what you're asking? I'm confused.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:36 PM, Murph said:

On the other hand, if the zombie apocalypse ever hits, that stuff will be worth its weight in gold.

Regards,

Murph

The pitch: 

1. Carry out a series of armed robberies in the Retail DIY sector.

2. Develop and implement a Zombie Apocalypse.

The investors:

The guys who backed Theranos.

Well, he could always get his alter-ego to turn on the sexual charm, and lull them into ecstasy while robbing Lowes.

latest?cb=20171211192959

That's funny; they cut through the power line instead of the long short-term memory model to create a new NTVW system in the trunk. Why they would pack that I have no idea.

BRING BACK PACTRA.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

BRING BACK MODELMASTER!

#BoycottRPM

On 10/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, Moai Vincent said:

BRING BACK PACTRA.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN.

Younger people have no idea what that means.  They will think you mean some commuter train in the Philly area that was discontinued for lack of ridership.  

Plus, the reason Pactra worked so well was probably due to some ingredient like lead or mercury.  Man, those paints in the twentieth century were awesome.  They stayed on, took a beating, and made you smile when you breathed the fumes.  But like x-ray machines in shoe stores, radium in wristwatches, cigarettes, strategic bombing, Lake Erie, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Chernobyl, you really gotta to chuckle at their toxicological blasé.

Has anybody else watched the Mandolorian and noticed that the Ugnaught played by Nick Nolte sounds an awful lot like Mo Vinnie?  He signs off every conversation with, “I have spoken.”  Has the Moai infiltrated Star Wars, or does Vinnie hail from long ago, in a galaxy far, far away? 

Deep thoughts, post turkey dinner...

Edited by Waco

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Fishwelding said:

Younger people have no idea what that means.  They will think you mean some commuter train in the Philly area that was discontinued for lack of ridership.  

YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE PTC IS IMPRESSIVE.

MOAI VINCENT HAS SPOKEN .

FROM THE 54 BUS.