Finally - A 1/48 scale Chinook!!!!!!

Unfortunately, it's by Italeri. Their home-grown 1/48 stuff hasn't been that impressive for quality or detail. The only plus for some of their kits in that scale is that they are the only ones out there (F/A-22, Eurofighter, Gripen, etc.)

That's what I was thinking as well. I don't want an ACH-47 anyway so can only hope maybe Academy has a Chinook in the works as well.

Koen

Sure we'd prefer Hasegawa/Revell/Academy maybe to be bringing the first 1:48 47 out but hey, if It's Italeri at least it will be wrong and "cheap". I'm sitting on an unmade Aurora original and just dying for something better! After sales and/or scratch building will fix any problems I'm sure.

Fantastic news.

The helicopters by Italeri are not the same as the aircraft by them. The helicopters while fiddley tend to build up nice. I have dry fit the 4 Italeri ones I have waiting for the group build 100 times now, they look pretty darn nice to me.

Im thinking the Chinook wont be released in time for the group build unfortunately.

These model companies really need to get in line with ARC's group builds if you ask me. :D

After sales and/or scratch building will fix any problems I'm sure.

I wouldn't be totally sure about that one. If you look that there is no aftermarket at all for kit's like the Monogram AH-1S and that there are still no aftermarketdecals for the Academy CH-46 it makes you wonder if anyone really cares about helicopters in 1/48!

Koen

I wouldn't be totally sure about that one. If you look that there is no aftermarket at all for kit's like the Monogram AH-1S and that there are still no aftermarketdecals for the Academy CH-46 it makes you wonder if anyone really cares about helicopters in 1/48!

Koen

Know where your coming from, but I think that a Chinook in 1:48 must be one of the most long awaited releases for years. Look at the RAF Chinook as en example - dripping with antennae....what an after sale opportunity.

Fingers crossed either way.

Gary

Unfortunately, it's by Italeri. Their home-grown 1/48 stuff hasn't been that impressive for quality or detail. The only plus for some of their kits in that scale is that they are the only ones out there (F/A-22, Eurofighter, Gripen, etc.)

I find their helo's are far superior to any of the jet kits they make.

It's better then nothing.

All I have to say is...

:D :lol:

This is great news, about time, who cares what version it is, we finally are getting one. What's wrong with a Gunship 'Hook'. Maybe in time there will be others, perhaps and common sense would give us the 'D' Hook and maybe, just maybe a Special Ops 'E' Hook too!

But in the meantime... :banana::banana::banana:

Koen

Know where your coming from, but I think that a Chinook in 1:48 must be one of the most long awaited releases for years. Look at the RAF Chinook as en example - dripping with antennae....what an after sale opportunity.

Fingers crossed either way.

Gary

Hmm although there may not be any US operated Chinook decals there is an aftermarket decal sheet out there for the RAF operated Chinooks :whistle: ...Model Alliance...in 1:72 until a good 48th kit is kitted then we'll scale the sheet up. :whistle:

Jon

JohnFreeman -->

I too would love to see a 1:48 RAF Chinook, it would make a great kit, I agree!

Now if someone could come up with a 1:48 Merlin HC.1 as well, speaking of UK helos.

Its disppointing to see that manufacturers think there is no interest in 1:48 scale model helos, because that just isn't true! In fact, both 1:48 and 1:35 seem to be the most wanted scale on this topic. Of course u can get just about any helo in 1:72. Of course that also comes down to aftermarket conversion sets, decals and more importantly, figures! Will we ever see helo figures in 1:48?

Hopefully it'll be more accurate and considerably less expensive than the 35th Trump Hook.

I hope it come out to the market and we all have this big hello...not to concern much about

accurate (Italeri do a good job on helicopter... :) )

just wonder when the dream come true, a 1/48 scale!! :D

I will build it and convert to a Viet Nam Chinook "A" model just like the one I got before... a 1/72

Matchbox "D" to "A" long time ago... <see my on critique corner>

Cheer, :thumbsup: