!/72 A-10 Which One?

I asked the very same question last year and based on the responses of the Italeri/Revell AG Gary shows I have one in my stash, and looks great on the sprues.

And the Revell AG #4356 is supposed to be the Italeri kit reboxed from what I recall

The Revell AG kit is indeed a rebox of the Italeri kit. I have build the Italeri kit, but I have not purchased or build any of the other A-10s in 1/72 scale. I will say that over all it is a good kit, but suffers from standard soft Italeri detailing, and some errors in some of small parts.

To make a really accurate pre- or post- LASTE A-10, you'll need to study your reference pictures and make the correct changes to various antennas to make it accurate. It seems to me that the Italeri kit doesn't really represent either, sort of halfway in between.

Despite these drawbacks, I found it to be a very nice when done, and I had fun building it!

-Jared

At this point can I ask.

What is/was wrong with the Hasegawa kit?

I built a few of those, they didnt seem bad to me.

Or is the problem that it doesnt represent a current configuration.

It seemed to fit the fit of a Woodbridge/Bentwaters airplane, when there were 6 squadrons wearing the WR tail codes anyway

The Hasegawa offering is'nt bad shapewise, my kit had very brittle and marbled styrene, the decal cockpit and scabby seat was a bit of a put off too.

Other than that i did'nt think it was too bad either.

regards

At this point can I ask.

What is/was wrong with the Hasegawa kit?

I built a few of those, they didnt seem bad to me.

Or is the problem that it doesnt represent a current configuration.

It seemed to fit the fit of a Woodbridge/Bentwaters airplane, when there were 6 squadrons wearing the WR tail codes anyway

The same thing as usual . It's a good kit, but there's better . Better in this case is the Italeri . The Academy is on the second place for me . As good as the Hasegawa kit but cheaper .

The Italeri is the most beautiful, worth the money and goes together very well .

:thumbsup:

Stef