Post your non-GB Helicopter Build pics here...

Hey Guys,

Taking a cue from the Matchbox GB, here is a place to post pictures of your non-GB helicopter build-ups. I always get pumped up for my projects when I see the work of others, so let's share some inspiration to get get everybody in da' mood.

Cheers,

Alby

DCP_3384.jpg

DCP_3170.jpg

DCP_3277.jpg

Chinook_7.jpg

Longbow_1.jpg

01.jpg

Alby, is there a build-article on the green MH-47? I remember the one for the black one, but the green one's cool too - and I only have decals for a green one.

:whistle:

PS: How about that! No Q's on the Tzefa from the IDF/AF freak :whistle:

Hi Martin,

Here you go my friend;

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1...oore/Fea484.htm

Say, speaking of the IDF/AF, what if they purchased Chinooks instead of the Yasur. Hmmmmmm.......I have a spare Italeri Chinook and Isradecals.....

Watch it mate, you're treading on the threshold of the dark side of whiffing there :whistle:

Personally, I ran over the threshold full-throttle :whistle:

:whistle:

Not a model, but it's not really fit for the reference section...

OBSHEL1

BFA2005058small.jpg

BFA2005057small.jpg

OBSHEL1 is a Volvo 240 sedan with an Allison 250 turboshaft. The roof has been removed, and there's seats in the booth for a total of 6. IIRC, it has an hydraulic clutch, meaning it can only go 100 km/h - but it can do so both forward and reverse. Built by some madmen at, again IIRC, Karup AFB. Did you have anything to do with it Jens (JEN722)?

:worship:

Not the best picture but here is the one and only CH143. The 72nd Revell/Matchbox BK-117 kit with decals from various sheets. The kit is OOB except for the floatation bags on the skids.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sean Bratton

And finally for today, 20 years after the event, I have finally added the finishing touches of the Lynx logo on the nose and the upper deck walkways to my first kit modding attempt - the World Speed Record holding (still!) Westland Lynx G-LYNX.

Cheers

Grant

A million little pieces - of Tamiya tape!!!! ;)

f-m-wessex.jpg

Forgive the poor image quality - just farting around with a web-cam.....

And a couple opf hours later, under a coat of Neutral Grey primer:

fmwessex2.jpg

It'll be green by tomorrow night! ;)

Edited by RotorheadTX

Those legs... Madmike asked about them on my build. At the time they were fine, but now I think they are slowly bending outwards. One day the model will be resting on the exhaust!!

And another thing, seeing the EH101 and Wessex kits side by side, the Wessex pilot is only siting about 1ft or so above the EH101 pilot. Tis a big beast the 101.

cheers

Grant

Not a model, but it's not really fit for the reference section...

<snip>

Built by some madmen at, again IIRC, Karup AFB. Did you have anything to do with it Jens (JEN722)?

:rolleyes:

First of all, no I did not have anything to do with that Volvo modification - ESK724 (then HFT) did.

Since this modification took place before ESK724 moved to Karup AB it was "the madman from Vandel AB" who did it. I think the car might be stored at Karup now though but there are some far more interesting things out there now: the EH101! :banana:

Regards,

Since this modification took place before ESK724 moved to Karup AB it was "the madman from Vandel AB" who did it. I think the car might be stored at Karup now though but there are some far more interesting things out there now: the EH101! :rolleyes:

Ah, sorry about that :blink:

It's cool that we finally have the EH101

Hmm, I wonder how a Volvo would react to an RTM322...

:rolleyes:

Edited by hatchet
It's GREEN!!! :wacko:

That reminds me of a saying we have in the office, following some female confusion about helo types while a Commando (UK Seaking without sponsons) was flying around ...

"All Commandos are green, but not all green helicopters are Commandos"

Simple but effective and endlessly adaptable to the current situation.

cheers

Grant

"All Commandos are green, but not all green helicopters are Commandos"

Ahh, the irony of those words........... :lol:

If you had only known it was coming..........

decson.jpg

Meet the "Full Metal Wessex" one of a trio of Bristow's Mk.60's that portrayed H-34's in Stanley Kubrick's Viet Nam epic