here is a pic of a the HH-60G External Gun Mount System ( EGMS)

I haven't fired the M2 in ages but don't they feed fromt he left side? Your pic shows a R/H feed for the starboard gun? Have all the .50s used for the right side been mod?

Also the firing handles look ike the electric type used on the minis. Again I am assuming the gun has been upgraded? Sorry scratching the EGMS and now am confused by your pics! :thumbsup:

Assuming the guns are electrically fired, would the feed mech on the ammo box be electric driven too like those for the miniguns?

Hope you can help clear some doubts for me! Thanks!

Also any chance of getting one of your cds?

Pig, are you scratchbuilding the full roof or just the back half of the cabin? I just finished the full roof and and starting to add the boxes/wires, then paint it.

Hey Austin,

Your roof looks great! I haven't started anything yet-except collecting everything I think I need...Not sure how to tackle the roof yet..Maybe I'll follow your lead!

Pig

styrene, styrene, styrene.....and super glue. I used strip styrene and the drawings from Intruder. The front half I measure up the stock front and created a styrene outline. Then I look at some pictures that I have and estimated the majority of the front half placements.

Edited by arkhunter2002
  • 1 month later...
You mean like this?

I found my MH-47 kit and I had barely started on it - now instead of an MH-47G, it's going to be an HH-47G :thumbsup:

Interesting... There was an all gray Army 47 being tested in SoCal a couple years back. I assumed it was the MH-60G. Probably was since it was Army labeled, but I didn't know about this version. I've spotted a black one flying in the desert restricted areas near Mojave a couple times this year. Couldn't get a number, but I think it might be one of the new SOAR 47s.

Dave

http://www.dpdproductions.com

- Featuring the 'Helicopters Vol 1' Photo CD -

Interesting... There was an all gray Army 47 being tested in SoCal a couple years back. I assumed it was the MH-60G. Probably was since it was Army labeled, but I didn't know about this version. I've spotted a black one flying in the desert restricted areas near Mojave a couple times this year. Couldn't get a number, but I think it might be one of the new SOAR 47s.

Dave

- Featuring the 'Helicopters Vol 1' Photo CD -

I'm a little confused here. Did you see a gray MH-47 or a gray H-60?

There was a gray MH-47 from the 160th spotted at China Lake a year or two ago but I don't know about the gray MH-60K. Gunship Gray HH-60Gs - nothing special about seeing those anywhere. There is no HH-47, only a CSAR-X proposal and the Air Force did an eval on a borrowed MH-47 last fall.

Oh, okay. Yeah, the 160th SOAR sent a gray MH-47 and MH-60K to China Lake in fall of 2004. As far as I know, these are the only examples in gray. They first showed up in public in the summer of 2003 in Knoxville, TN. They wear a very subtle two-tone scheme that is similar the the 151st's AH-64As

And no, there's been no official demo HH-47. Any photos you see of a gray, USAF marked H-47 are photoshop jobs. I know Sikorsky has the H-92 flying around (I saw it in Kissimmee, Florida four years ago) and an RAF HC.3 Merlin will make or already has made a recent visit to the USAF here in the states for CSAR-X eval purposes.

HH-47G_2.jpg

Yeah, that's them... My friend Dan got those shots. I didn't know he posted those. I just noticed now though, they seem to have the darker gray on top. I'd like to model the 60 but haven't gotten around to it.

Word is that the new black 47s have been hiding at SoCal Logistics. We were going to stop by there on the way back from the desert the other day but ran out of time. They're probably out here doing some sort of op- eval on them or something.

Dave

- Featuring the NEW 'Military Aircraft' Photo CD -

Yeah, it's difficult to tell exactly what those colors are, but they don't look to be the same as what's on the SC ARNG's Apaches (which are 35237 and 36373); they look a shade darker and not quite as blue.

• 1 month later...
Hey Trigger!

...Well, Here's a pic of the -92 demo bird!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/wil...es2_375x300.jpg

Pig

Thanks Pete. I got home and crashed last night I didn't think to look here before I did my google search this morning. That certainly is an intersting scheme. Do you mind sharing the FS numbers if you happen to come across them?

• 6 months later...

This is an older pic than what's in the fleet now. There is now a light bar forward of the mast going across the main rotor pylon cover...just aft of the sliding cover. Also, below each pilots step and the tail position light. These are LED lights added earlier this year and are called NVIS, night vision imaging system.

Keep in mind that the mods were implemented in a sort of piece-mealed fashion which is why there are variations between units, years and even aircraft within units. For example, plume detectors were added to the forward sponsons as part of the mod (an early stage) but were moved to the nose (like on an MH-60L) to allow clearance for the chaff/flare launcher.

more pix...

IMG_0146.jpg

This is an older pic than what's in the fleet now. There is now a light bar forward of the mast going across the main rotor pylon cover...just aft of the sliding cover. Also, below each pilots step and the tail position light. These are LED lights added earlier this year and are called NVIS, night vision imaging system.

I've seen then light setup on the Alaskan Pave Hawks this past year, but I didn't know how widespread they were among the rest of the fleet.

Aside from the lights, how out of date is that picture now (not including the position of the radome, that's a Nellis thing)?