Wing King & Commemorative Jets

Gents:

I just received the new Superscale sheet with the Wing King jet from the 180th FW in Toledo and Alabama Ang's Tuskegee Airman commemorative jet.

My question. Do these brightly painted jets deploy as painted or are they toned down? I'm trying to select the under wing stores and just wondered. Typically I understand jets are selected that have enough hours to get them through the deployment without a phase inspection.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mark

Mark, 89-2098 deployed with the rest of the unit this past fall. I don't think the red-tail bama jet went with the rest of the unit on their last deployment, though.

Jake

Edited by jmel

I know our Wing King aircraft made most of our oversea's deployments.Granted,our Block 30 F-16C/D's are low-vis(even the commanders a/c) but our Block 25's did have some color to them,not much but some :banana: Go to www.jakemelampy.net and you can see our Wing King jet(181st FW,Indiana ANG).

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Gents:

I just wondered on the bright colors. Thought there would be tactical reasons to go low vis therefore leaving those behind. A bright red tail can be seen farther away than a low vis grey one.

Mark

Gents:

I just wondered on the bright colors. Thought there would be tactical reasons to go low vis therefore leaving those behind. A bright red tail can be seen farther away than a low vis grey one.

Mark

Yeah, i'd hate to go in combat flying the VFA-102 50th Anniversary jet.

BTW, as Scott mentioned, the 20th sent the command jet. On the Afterburner sheet, there's marking for it deployed and back at Shaw.