All New Squid Transport Ship (Vorlon)

I have the kit and love it. Plus I have some of Stephane other nice kits too. Just have not built them yet :worship:

No time or skill to do what I want to do with them. For the paint on the Vorlon transport. I like to paint it dark to light with masking tape. Then cover the hole thing in Tamiya clear Yellow. About four coats of Future on top of that.

Stephane When will you rerealese the Hybrid Technology Living Ship. Updated: 3-2-06! I have been waiting for that? :cheers: I like to get one of the Rockwell Himat too.

Hi Bam, thank you !

Actually, this is the finished product. I like Vandy do not really have the time to do a final paint job (i am usually so extremely slow when it comes to paint jobs (and have to redo them 4 times or more, and how many sandings in between) that i usually don't go any further than the primer (otherwise, this would turn into a full time hobby for me, something i can't afford the time, since my time must be devoted to the professional building of new master parts for my future kits and molds.

(Not to mention that any painted, finished model would very soon turn into a dust trap here.. due to the amount of sanding and turning i do (and lack of space to display models (i just dismantled one of my demo models 2 days ago, to sell it (lack of space and time again).

However, i have a simple solution to paint the mottled pattern for the Transport Ship:

use loose masks (rectangular or square shapes) for the panel work, and then use lose masks of irregular round shapes of different shape and size for the mottled pattern :) . It should work fine.

Personally, i went another route for the Squid Fighter: i painted it freehand (!) (with an airbrush), no mask at all (!). It takes a steady hand, so, the loose mask technique should be safer (i admit i had prior freehand airbrushing experience when i did the petals of the Squid a few years ago, because i had done a number of commercial illustrations almost completely freehand. That helped.

I have the petals of the Squid Ship Fighter at home, i will take pictures tomorrow or this weekend and show you. You will see and i think you will love them.

Stephane.

Actually it is a bit exceptionnal that i even did demo models of this and a few other new kits. A year ago i started to build demo models (but purely for sale). I then used the photos to display what the finished model looks like assembled. This one here for exemple is only glued with a few drops of cyano glue. I usually glue them much more carefully and permanently with epoxy and more cyanocrilate when i make a model for myself or for sale (i was actually not sure if i was going to dismantle this one and sell it, but so far, the assembly resisted the photo shoot, even the petals (!) which were supporting the whole weight of the model, which is not too bad. But as you can see, i did not putty all areas, only the more obvious ones.

Vandy,

Wow... ! :rolleyes:

You put a light in it... (!!) (in the nose cone). Mine only had a light through the rear.. (and the other one at the front (between the tentacles), well, i must say, since the model suffered two falls.. and a break of the optic fiber coming out of one or two of the tentacles, as well as a warping of one of the tentacles (i must say i removed too much material in that one when i did cut the V groove inside the tentacles to put the wires and optic fibers in) that it would be a bit futile to try to repair it, as the whole idea was to have it lighted. Though, i may still replace the front LED and forget about the optic fibers effect (or else, rebuild a whole new one, which would be much simpler now that i have designed a new type of petals support parts (my demo kit actually had movable petals (!) :whistle: (but they were hard to move or too lose, the internal structure to do this was a pain to build. With the new petal support parts, all i have to do is switch petals and add a drop of glue, but i have not incorporated that into the fighter demo model (yet), but it comes standard with the kit.

Vandy, yes, i just posted new pictures of my version 1.5 of the Hybrid Technolgy Living Ship new parts (work under progress). And meanwhile, the Himat just got work too: i have just widened and thickened the fuselage yesterday (lots of sanding, but almost done), and i am maybe redoing the wings completely, as the old master parts are giving me trouble (one of them is warping, i unwarp it, it warped again a couple of weeks later). I am also lenghtening the wings by 1 mm each. But i am progressing steadily on that one, and on another couple of new projects to be released soon.

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models

Edited by Stratospheremodels

Actually, i have decided i will complete the paint of one of the models (!)

I am not saying which one, but actually this is a surprise. It will have the special camouflage, and i think it will be much quicker to finish than i thought.

I will post pictures of the work in progress, i hope soon.

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models.