...even if my photosetup is cr**, I think the model is not. Gotta buy some decent spots when I go to the hardwarestore next time...

I finished this one about 6 years ago OOB with some trusty paintbrushes in my "pre-airbrush"-era, but honestly, I would always handpaint this subject, again and again. It was painted with waterbased acrylics from a local artist supply store (I still use these a lot) and weathering was done with a "dirty water" wash (brushed on all the dirty water from the brush), pastell chalks, artist´s oils, a little drybrushing with the paintbrush.

Dioramabase was made from plasticard and plaster with white glue. Hope, you like it!

István

Edited by I.Illes

Thanks for the kind words, first, I thought the weathering was a bit overdone, but I studied several photos from my Star Wars books and found that I liked this beaten and heavily weathered look and that it resembled a mix of all the depicted AT-ATs. Only now I found that there are better and bigger kits, but I don´t know where to get these. I´d love to build a taller AT-AT one day.

István

Thanks for the kind words, first, I thought the weathering was a bit overdone, but I studied several photos from my Star Wars books and found that I liked this beaten and heavily weathered look and that it resembled a mix of all the depicted AT-ATs. Only now I found that there are better and bigger kits, but I don´t know where to get these. I´d love to build a taller AT-AT one day.

István

IF you find who makes the larger kits, please share.

Nicely done. I had that kit; my first attempt at plastic surgery was in modding one of the legs so that it looked like it was raised up to take a step.

My first attempt at washes was with that kit as well; used a draftsman's inkholder and some thinned FB to accentuate things. Turned out very nice, IIDSSM. Sadly, long gone and probably on its way to providing a curio for future archaeologists.

BJ

I came across this one several times, some say, it´s limited to 750, some say 1500...and it´s 1,500 bucks...hey...no way, the kit is worth -let´s say 250-300 bucks- and building and painting it would be what I would like to do myself. I´ve seen a cast resinkit somewhere back in 2005...dunno where?! :worship:

István