With 2 finally done, I picked up an original 1973 PK-7 Lysander kit & started to work.

Here is the box & parts shot.

01_MbxPk07_Lysander_KitParts_6641S.jpg

Now this is a nice kit !!! I've got it half together already & very little fill is needed. The engine and cowl interior detail is great. Shame there isn't a bit more under the canopy .... But unlike the Spitfire & Hurricane, this is a little jewel.

It'll be OOB for construction, but I think the markings will be different than the kit. I've found a couple schemes in grey/green with black/silver under the mainplanes. I've go to check a few things to lock them down.

John

A quick update.

This is a great kit -- goes together with no fuss. I have a little filler on the gear spats and where the whole fin/rudder meets the half fuselage, but that is it ...

10_Lysander_FuselageAssy_6760S.jpg

Hmmmm, should have checked the photo closer & done a better job on the interior color -- have to sneak the brush back into the rear fuselage ...

I'm really enjoying this one .. couldn't have more than 30 minutes total build time in it and it is going together great ... I must get a 2nd kit & do something with the interior ....

John

Edited by jRatz

Ralph:

I have a color sheet from RAF Flying Review, July 1966, showing KJ-O of 16 Sqdn in France 1939-40. It is DE/DG with black port & white starboard underwing and underside of ailerons & tail in grey. That is 1st choice right now, but I'm still looking around.

Thommo:

30 minutes doesn't count drying time, just my labor.

Filler: I start with a medium sanding stick, then drag a brush with Testors Liquid Cement along the filler, then finish off with fine & extra-fine sanding sticks.

John

OK, it's done !!!! Well, I should have rigged an aerial, and may later, but I just finished in time to take it to my club meeting.

11_Lysander_Assembly_6764S.jpg

11_Lysander_Assembly_6766S.jpg

11_Lysander_Assembly_6769S.jpg

This kit is really nice !!! I need to do another one & detail the interior. I love the engine. The only tough part about the build is getting the two wings into the canopy & the two struts under the wings -- about 2 minutes of furious action to get all done before the glue sets ... The other thing is the stub-wing bombs. The inner pair actually sits above the spats & would bounce off them if dropped -- I left the inner pair off,

99_Lysander_Done_6776S.jpg

99_Lysander_Done_6784S.jpg

99_Lysander_Done_6786S.jpg

99_Lysander_Done_6790S.jpg

Build is OOB (well I added a firewall to prevent seeing the empty cockpit thru the engine cylinders ...

Paint is Tamiya rattle-can ... details in whatever is handy. The exhaust was done in dark copper, then over-brushed with smoke, and when I wassn't happy with that, washed with a thin rust & that seems to be OK ...

Decals are ModelDecal. Scheme is from early days in France, from a 1966 RAF Flying Review article. To get the proper rounded letters, I had to cut "U" to make "J", then use the leftover piece to turn "C" into "O" ....

I wish this kit was a Mk.III (not a MK.II) & if/when I get another, I'll probably do a cheap mod to make it a III to expand the number of interesting color schemes.

John

Edited by jRatz