FW-190 A5 help

I want to build the plane pictured below but i know nothing about german aircraft. I know its an a-5. I'd like to use a tamiya kit. but i guess they only make an a-3 and a-8. which kit would be the best to use? what changes would have to be made? thanks for the help

casey

oh yeah i forgot to say i want to build it in 48th. cutting edge makes a decal set for it. i was hoping i could build it out of the a-3 cause the local hobby shop has a tamiya kit for $16. it doesn't have to 100% acurate for, i'm not building this kit for a contest or any thing just for myself cause i like the plane and its not you tipical 190

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004...ng_fw190_01.htm

Have a look at the link above. It explains, with all the gory details, the differences between the radial-engined 190's. In brief, the A-3 would be a bad starting point, since the nose is shorter than the A-5. Starting with an A-8, you'll need to source a different upper cowl piece to cover the nose guns, which were of a smaller calibre on the A-5. See the article for other detail changes.

If, as you say, accuracy is not a big concern, use the A-3 by all means. :wave:

regards,

Jason

Doesn't Dragon/DML make an A-5? In know they make a G-3 (also re-boxed by Pro Modeler). The G-3 is basically an A-5 with bomb racks (leave them off) and the cowling guns faired over (may be correct for a captured machine). With a little shopping around the Pro-Modeler kit should be cheap.