Sad day for Babylon 5 fans

Sad news indeed. Andreas Katsulas passed away after a long illness on the 13th February 2006

SciFi Wire Article

Katsulas played the role of the Narn Ambassador G'kar in the TV series Babylon 5 and Romulan Commander Tomulok in STTNG.

A sad piece of news indeed. His G'Kar role was fantastic.

Lori and my condolences to his family and friends.

MikeJ

He also had a continuing role on Star Trek:The Next Generation as a Romulan commander named Tamalok (spelling?), had a small part in The Fugitive with Harrison ford and was featured on the various Law And Order series in a variety of parts. A prolific and talanted charactor actor, he will be missed.

Felinoid

dang :taunt: that is sad

G'kar was a great and interesting character Katsulas chemistry with peter jurasik (londo) was brilliant ;)

jurasik68.jpg

Crikey!

I did not know that Richard Biggs (Dr Stephen Franklin EA) passed away either!

Sad news again :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They just released the last B5 disc, Legend of the Rangers. We watched it and enjoyed G-kar in the Grey Council room and on the Ranger warship. He will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Zack has died

Grease star Jeff Conaway has died at the age of 60.

The actor – who was famed for his role of Kenickie in the 1978 film, which also starred John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John – passed away at a Los Angeles hospital Friday as doctors failed to revive him after he fell into a coma two weeks ago following a reported drug overdose.

His family are understood to have decided to turn off his life support machine Thursday although ex-girlfriend Vikki Lizzi - who claims she has power of attorney over Jeff - tried to block the move.

Conaway - who is also known for appearing in Taxi - was taken to a Los Angeles hospital after reportedly laying unconscious for 10 hours and was found to be suffering from pneumonia and sepsis, a potentially lethal blood infection.

His manager Phil Brock said at the time: "We are concerned it may have been an overdose but we have no way of knowing for sure."

In 1980, Conaway married Olivia Newton-John's sister Rona, but the couple - who have a grown-up son, Emerson, together - divorced five years later.

In the 1980s, Conaway was treated for a substance abuse problem and in 2008 he signed up for Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew and spoke candidly about his addictions to cocaine, alcohol, and painkillers.

John Travolta – who played Danny in Grease – has paid tribute to Conaway, saying he was a "wonderful and decent man and we will miss him."

He added: "My heartfelt thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this very difficult time.â€

That is terribly sad news.

You know, I was a big B5 fan. I thought that through the very large ensemble cast, through the actors changing, some losing focus others taking over, that one of the KEY focal points that all other tales revolved around was Londo and G'Kar. They truly were worthy adversaries, and, in the end friends (especially in where G'Kar is going to kill Londo to free him from his prison/keeper).

Definitely a sad moment knowing he's not around any more. That show and other were important to me, and by proxy those characters and their actors are also.

On a related note, I was watching Saving Private Ryan yesterday (6 June) and I thought the one armed Colonel who received the news that that the Ryan brothers had died looked familiar. I looked up his name, and he is Bryan Lee Cranston. He played Ericsson the Ranger in The Long Night and "Buzz" Aldrin from From The Earth To The Moon. On a negative note, he's a Dodgers fan.

Regards,

Murph

• 2 weeks later...

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite Sci Fi Operas of all time ...

It's a shame we've lost many of the great performers from that series ...

Rest in Peace, Mister Conaway ... :(

-Gregg