walkway area now masked off. This area really is different from jet to jet. Some are dark grey, some a shade darker than 35237. Check your references. I guessed on this one as I did not get a chance to see the actal walkway on 795 while I was on the ramp at Cold Lake.

HAZER

I leave you with this final shot for now. Now ready to paint the nose (radome tan) and the gun (a mix of metallics). It seems that after 9-11, the CF-18's had more stains around the guns from obvious use! Don't come around out neck of the woods!

I must mention that I was able to watch and photograph our CF-18's flying out of Comox shortly after 9-11. I had seen CF-18's many times before out of that base, but when you see a fully armed "to the nuts" CF-18 Hornet with live weapons screaming down the runway in full AB, it is an awesome experience but also a very scary reality that things were/are not as peaceful and rosy as we once thought.

The Hornet's still fly out of the Q's with live weapons and the reality is still with us.

This Hornet is an appreciation of the work our men and women do in the air and on the ground. Remember, without the groundcrew, the jets don't fly!

HAZER

Edited by HAZER
I must mention that I was able to watch and photograph our CF-18's flying out of Comox shortly after 9-11. I had seen CF-18's many times before out of that base, but when you see a fully armed "to the nuts" CF-18 Hornet with live weapons screaming down the runway in full AB, it is an awesome experience but also a very scary reality that things were/are not as peaceful and rosy as we once thought.

The Hornet's still fly out of the Q's with live weapons and the reality is still with us.

This Hornet is an appreciation of the work our men and women do in the air and on the ground. Remember, without the groundcrew, the jets don't fly!

Nicely said, Hazer. Again, beautiful work on your hornet - it's a real inspiration.

Cheers,

Sean

Hey, Scooby! I knew you would like the Lynx on this model. I was able to get some great shots of 795 while I was MF 2004 so I used that as my reference..it also flew Q at Comox.

Here are a few in progress pics.

HAZER

Did you see my name on the Cutting Edge set?

You guys are making liars out of me.

Three duals with ECP upgrades.

The original plan was for 62 singles and 18 duals to be upgraded. We are currently flying 935 in Cold Lake and 927 in China Lake, both with the ECP upgrade.

:crying:

Edited by Cadfael
The original plan was for 62 singles and 18 duals to be upgraded. We are currently flying 935 in Cold Lake and 927 in China Lake, both with the ECP upgrade.

:cheers:

We we're told 410 would not operate any upgraded jets. :banana:

I leave you with this final shot for now. Now ready to paint the nose (radome tan) and the gun (a mix of metallics). It seems that after 9-11, the CF-18's had more stains around the guns from obvious use! Don't come around out neck of the woods!

HAZER

Not from increased use, from decreased manpower and less time to clean them.