Digital Aviation Paintings

Hi all,

These are my first aviation paintings -I hope not the last ones :lol:- but not my first work you can see in this forum. I do artwork in Neu's poster project too.

My grandfather was rear gunner on Me210Ca-1 in WW2. These pictures are my tributes...

The Me210Ca1 were produced in Hungary and used by hungarian and german air force in WW2. The plane was a modified version of the unsuccesful Me210A and B series, with longer fuselage and equipped with stronger engines used later in Me410.

I use Corel Painter and Wacom tablet.

19810936.jpg

19812453.jpg

Thanks a lot!

After collectning references I do a pencil sketch first. For the planes I used the IL2-Sturmovik simulator to set the planes in perspective :whistle: I scan the sketch, then I use Corel Painter and a Wacom Intuos3 tablet to render the colors. I painted both pictures only in one layer to get a closer look to natural paintings. I used more layers too but only for the sketch and some color shemes, and some paintings from Taylor and Trudigan for inspiration.

See the attachment for earlier stages...

Gyula, ezek gyönyörüek! Deeply impressed! Always wanted a WACOM, my boss says I have to be patient...I´m tired of having to do similar tasks with a mouse only :thumbsup:

István