Dear all, hope your builds are going well.

F-15I from Academy is taking shape in 72nd scale. The subject of my Dec 05 first ARC post is alongside for comparison and was my first completed jet build in well over ten years. I enjoyed it so much I`m doing it again and appreciate the tips I`m picking up from everyone along the way.

Have a good one!

Cheers, Ian

More Academy Ra`am from their 72nd F-15E kit. The second one is giving me a lot more construction issues than the first, but at least this time the Isradecals sheet will save me from robbing five or six spare sheets for the markings. The two types of JDAM are two Italeri, and eight Academy Mk82 converts.

Cheers, Ian

Many thanks, Serelle, and I get what you are saying. My Hasegawa Jaguar and Revell Typhoon are going together very well and are demonstrating what a pain the Academy F-15 kit can be in places. I remember the Hasegawa and Esci F-15 kits going together a lot easier than the Academy ones are.

I spent my last 20 quid on Isras` F-15I Ra`am book, it`s had my pub money for the next couple of days spent on it so I hope its` a good read. :D

Cheers, Ian

Cheers for that Aidy, unfortuneatly the second Academy Eagle is giving me a little trouble too.

I`ve painted the lower fuselage gray and the upper fuselage mid-stone and this has shown up all sorts of small imperfections that I did not spot before (which is my own fault :cheers: )

Never mind, it is starting to take shape.

In its` present scheme it is almost the same colour as scra`ambled eggs :(

This Academy F-15E is defineatly more warped than the last one I did, but the worst of the construction problems (AKA- the CFTs) are behind it now and it`s just a case of sanding off a few blemishes before I start on the camo scheme.

Cheers, Ian

Xtracolour pale Israeli green applied, I`m having trouble with it painting on thick and drying fast but there are so many who swear by Xtracolour that I get the impression that I`m doing something wrong. Yet, after a very light rubdown with very fine wet and dry, and a coat of varnish it looks fine. Humbrol equivelent #23 may get a try next time.

Cheers, Ian

Greetings,

Not only did today bring the snow, it also brought Isradecals` superb F-15I Ra`am book, an F-15I walkaround par excellent, and of use to other mudmoving Eagle modellers as well. I have other Isradecal publications but this is my first on a specific aircraft and, from the modelling angle, I have to say it leaves no stone unturned.

72nd F-15I has had its` first coat of tan/light brown.

Cheers, Ian

• 3 months later...

Ra`am dunk!! Itz der!!!

With hours to spare (and sacrificing a night in the pub), with the paint still drying, I`ve finished my first GB model.

I got a real kick out of it. Thanks to the mods and best wishes to all concerned. :banana:

Cheers,

Ian

ps-trying to post pic but there is something wrong with the `file extension`. Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Ian Buick

they have block uploading any pics...

you'll have to use a picture sharing site and post the links. pls see the first post - announcement.

look forward to see your pics.

thanks.