"New" F-15C/Ds for the 102nd FW MA ANG at Kadena

Cool pics Ken. I don't think those decals on the tail will cut it at the next show tho. I can see brush strokes in the paint! :D

Yet another case of how our models are too perfect when compared to the real deal.

SM....imagine having that at a model show, the judges would be besides themselves.

Nice photos! Love the chalk MA and Cape markings. So what is Kadena getting in place of those Eagles?

Jeff

Jeff, I think F-15s from Langley, though I am sure Murph would know if that is the case.

I was really hoping they'd come back with Kadena markings on them still

Sorry ... when we transfer jets, we send them with only the tail numbers on them. No base identifiers of any kind are left on them. It just makes it easier for the receiving unit to roll them into the paint barn upon arrival.

Also, Kadena is keeping the F-15C/D ... they are just getting "newer" jets from Langley in their place.

Those are nice photos that Matt took. Thanks for posting them Ken. Hopefully the 102nd will keep the C/Ds that they recieved. I even recall a comment you made awhile back about how nice it would be if the 102nd gets their hands on 85-0102 and mark it up as their flagship. So Ken, any update on whether or not the 102nd will keep their jets after BRAC?

Sorry ... when we transfer jets, we send them with only the tail numbers on them. No base identifiers of any kind are left on them. It just makes it easier for the receiving unit to roll them into the paint barn upon arrival.

Also, Kadena is keeping the F-15C/D ... they are just getting "newer" jets from Langley in their place.

Understand...just wishful thinking.

When Otis got their MSIP F-15As from the 32nd (T)FS, I saw one at an airshow that still had the 32nd's badge on the intake, and rest of the jet's markings were 102nds. Kick myself for not getting a pic

Those are nice photos that Matt took. Thanks for posting them Ken. Hopefully the 102nd will keep the C/Ds that they recieved. I even recall a comment you made awhile back about how nice it would be if the 102nd gets their hands on 85-0102 and mark it up as their flagship. So Ken, any update on whether or not the 102nd will keep their jets after BRAC?

thanks Keith, these F-15s will be heading to Barnes, MA to replace their A-10s sometime in 2007. Otis will stay open, but not sure what the mission will be. Yeah, 85102 from Eglin would have been nice

When they arrive at Barnes I am afriad there will no longer be a place to shoot photo's from the Civil side ... The terminal building is being replaced and I don't think that area will be behind the terminal anymore ...

I have some old pis I took of some of the first batch of 102nd Eagles with 5th FIS related ground equiptment and zaps here and there ..

RJ