every model a masterpiece!! good work gents! :rolleyes:

Yep I have to agree and variety of aircraft is exceptional also, I thought this was going to be a 109/Spitfire GB with the occasional Hurricane thrown in. How wrong I was !

Researching the subjects for this GB also made me realise just how much I didn't know about the aerial battle which took part over my head 66 years ago.

Well done all. :worship:

Doc

...Researching the subjects for this GB also made me realise just how much I didn't know about the aerial battle which took part over my head 66 years ago.

Well done all. :blink:

Doc

I 100% agree Doc. Before this GB, when I thought about the BoB I thought about Spitfires, Hurricanes, and 109's. I am almost ashamed to admit that I had no idea about the vast number of different aircraft that were involved in the BoB. Amazing when you think about it.

Fantastic job to all involved, especially the Moderators :woot.gif: .

Regards,

Don

Fantastic job to all involved, especially the Moderators :thumbsup: .

Regards,

Don

Yes, yes, a toast to the moderators! All together now, "To the moderators!!" :cheers::beer4:

Thank you Doc, Jay, et al. You have made this experience most pleasant!

This was my first GB and I had a lot of fun participating. Building the big kits (1/24 Spitfire and Stuka) was my best option whilst recovering from hand surgery following a broken hand. Much easier to manipulate parts etc.

The advice and support offered through the forum was a wonderful experience. I would like to thank the moderators, as well as the other GB participants, for their efforts and look forward to my next GB (Heavies) which starts in April. A big thank you also to the sponsors of this GB. I look forward to seeing the results of the end of GB raffle.

As the Heavies GB doesn't start until April I have time (dependent on the results of additional surgical procedures to my injured hand/arm in two days time) to complete my third Airfix 1/24 (currently about 75% complete) - a Messerschmitt 109E-4 which will be completed as one which was shot down during the Battle of Britain and was sent to Australia. This was displayed around the country before being sent to the scrappers.

The aircraft was Werke Nummer 0750, attached to the third staffel of Jagdgeschwader 3. It was aircraft Yellow 7. It was shot down over Kent on 5 September 1940 by Pilot Officer Robert Doe of 234 Squadron RAF. the pilot of Yellow 7 was Unteroffizer Heinz Grabow, who was uninjured and spent the rest of the war as a POW. The aircraft was finished light grey undersurfaces (RLM 76), mid grey uppersurfaces (RLM 75) and a heavy mottle of Dark Grey (RLM 74) on the fuselage sides and tops and larger patches on wing and tailplane surfaces. No green or splinter pattern on the aircraft at all. Additional markings were a yellow Tatzelwurm on the port side engine cowling and on both sides of the fuselage, towards the rear, it carried a small black circle with white cross (indicating that this was a Spanish Civil War veteran).

Photos of the completed kit along with some photos of the aircraft while it was on display in Australia (as well as a forlorn shot of it standing wingless on its nose in the scrapyard) will be posted to aircraft resource centre web site possibly in late March.

My Heavies GB entry will be a 1/48 Boeing Washington B1 (a B29 that was received by Australia from Britain) completed in the markings that the RAAF flew it in. If I complete that in time I will follow it with a 1/48 Lancaster I in Australian markings.

I really, really enjoyed this GB. The models were awesome, one and all. Lots of good tips, feedback, and most of all camaraderie.

This is the best GB I have been part of, if the DOTR GB turns out half as well, we'll count it a huge success.

Thanks to everyone involved! :cheers:

Edited by The Mikester