KC-135A Alabama Air Guard decals

I seem to remember that somebody did a decal sheet for a KC-135A with the 106 ARS of the Bama Air Guard for the 1/72 AMT. Am I mistaken about this? I have looked for it on the net but I can't find it anywhere. :cheers: Any info would be great.

Regards,

Brian

Edited by dbsmith88
Was it Vince Maddux? That sounds like one of his projects.

You know, one of the 135's in B'ham has a blue tail band with AUBURN in orange, rather than the red and white Alabama. That'd make a great build.

I thought it was Vince, but I can't find anything on them. I've heard rumors about that AU bird for awhile now. I was watching one of the B'ham boys doing combat approach touch-and-goes up in Huntsville this afternoon. I was sitting about a half mile up from the runway and he was coming in right over my head. It was great. I would give anything for a really good walk-around of the AU -135 so I could get a custom set done. Only prob is I have the -135A, not the -135R. I think it can be converted to an E, just haven't really checked references for it.

WAR EAGLE, BABY!!!

Edited by dbsmith88

I saw the Auburn bird last month during our IPMS meeting. It really made me want a KC-135 kit.

On a funnier note, I can see someone over seas seeing this bird, and wondering aloud: "Where is the state of Auburn, and what other planes do they fly?" :cheers:

YUP! It was me! :thumbsup: Bad news is that I can't make them anymore since the ALPS printer burned up :( But I have seen the Arburn one and I'm thinking of revising the AL ANG -135R sheet and haveing it screen printed.

Vince

OK, Vince.....

You've forced me into doing something I don't really want to do.......

Please!!! Oh, please!!! For the love of all that's holy, do those 2 birds in 1/72nd, esp. the Auburn -135! You want me to beg? OK, I'm begging you......please :worship: .....oh, please! :crying:

It's a shame what you can bring a grown man to do for love. :crying:

Regards,

Brian

OK,OK. I will, but its going to be three of four sheets down the pipeline.

screen printing can be expansvie so I have to make sure i can put a decal sheet togeather I now will sell.

BTW, you got a tail number on the Auburn plane, I didn't get a chance to catch it when I saw it. maybe when I go to B'ham on the 9th I can get it again.

Vince

hang in there

Vince,

I don't have the tail number. I've never even seen the plane, just heard rumors that one is down there. William, do you have any info on this?

BTW, bless you, Vince!! :thumbsup:

I'm in for a couple of sheets.

WAR EAGLE, BABY!!

Brian

Edited by dbsmith88